Welcome to the forum

CCA TT riders cleaning up at Award dinners

edited January 2018 in Time Trial
It's that time of year when the TT riders collect all the silverware and certs for last seasons efforts.

It started for us with JMac last weekend at the RTTC Champions Night in Oxford. Sean Yates was on hand to dish out the prizes with Dr Hutch as MC again. Dr Hutch was amusing as usual but Sean looked like he was there under duress.
Jackie collected her medals but the promised racing wheels from Knight Composites failed to show up which was a shame (not been made up yet apparently).
I was a little disappointed that they did not recognise my 9th place in the vets series races. Something to aim for next year!!!

Today 9 CCA went to Desborough to attend the dinner for the N&DCA prize giving. The poor weather meant the attendance was a bit down but it was a nice afternoon. As shown in the pictures we had a lot to collect. I was even called up to get certificates. One on behalf of the club who came 2nd overall in the team event.
This an extremely friendly and well organised series of races on some challenging courses. Also very generous - I even got a cheque in the post last week for my 20th place overall in the series. (That's one race paid for next season) There are 10 races next year including a circuit event at Rockingham raceway - worth a look with all riders counting for the team.

Comments

• Superb, what fantastic pictures! Well done to all.
  • A good afternoon once myself and David eventually got there from very snowy Staffordshire! CCA triumphed and scooped a good proportion of the silverware. I was there to collect my crystal vase and paperweight for 3rd lady and 22nd overall and was also part of the winning ladies team (with Jackie, Janet & Jenny). Also worth pointing out that CCA ladies broke 3 team records this year (10, 15 & 25 miles) that were set some time in the 80's.
  • Yes, great photos. Well done everyone, nice to be able to celebrate your and the club's successes in this way.
  • Congratulations to you all..absolutely fantastic!