Welcome to the forum

Milton Cross - End of season finale

I've just about recovered to write a report of this new race on the Eastern League calendar. Held at Milton Country park the course was pretty technical and had a good mix of classic cyclocross features, lots of short steep climbs, ditches, off camber and mud, all in all a well thought out course. Boy was it tough, no single thing stood out but more of an accumulation, sort of death by a thousand cuts.

Some amazing rides by CCA too, Adam and Harley both winning on the day and taking the league titles to boot. Both will be stepping up to Juniors next year, a big step in both race length and competition and we wish them all the best and I'm sure they'll attack it with the same grit and determination they always show. Podiums on the day too for Nathan and Jackie, with league podiums too. Other league medals for Louis, Ethan and Logan along with the team gold, caps a great season for CCA cross. The prize presentation must have been a procession of CCA blue and we look forward to seeing some pictures.

Good to see Vince and Martin out in the vet 40s and good to see St Neots Simon, racing for the first time this year after an horrific (but hilariously recounted) crash at an MTB race in France.

Comments

• Yeah, good day. I've e-mailed a photo to Tim...
  • Congratulations to all the podium winners and Team CCA! It's been a great season for everyone and the support for each other always inspiring. Great to see so many younger CCA riders dominating. Tough course yesterday, but probably one of the best ones for the mix of challenges as Dave said.

Looking forward to next season already - although the tubs will have to go (having rolled another one off yesterday)....so clinchers or tubeless...
  • i used to go fishing in Milton Country Park.

Sweetcorn on a ledger used to get some big Tench :)
  • Well done to all the trophy winners.

Great course yesterday, probably the most physically demanding of the season. Some serious summer training needed to catch Iain but Dave is just about in sight. Roll on September.
  • edited January 2018
    Great final race in the season at Milton Country Park in Cambridge. A new venue and a challenging but satisfying course. Great job from Cambridge Youth Cycling promoting their first CX event for the Eastern League.

Good to see Vince and Martin (Hillier) racing.

Afterwards was the prize presentations. I missed most of these but was there to receive the Team Prize with those CCA riders still present. Such a shame Mark Wyer could not be with us as he is ill. I let everyone know that he is the reason we have won this title due to his selfless work in coaching and training. Thank you Mark, Harley collected the trophy on your behalf.

Other medal winners were:
    Louis Oppen, U10, Silver
    Ethan Storti, U12, Bronze
    Harley Pell, U16, Gold
    Adam Lightfoot, U16, Gold
    Nathan Hard, U14, Silver
    Jackie Field, Vet, Silver
  • Logan got U8 Gold too
    7 medal winners and the team win is a fantastic result to a great season of racing.
  • Apologies for missing Logan's medal.

There is some sort of "law" that when I list results I miss one ( or some).

Well done Logan.