Welcome to the forum

CCA women's road race 2018

This year CCA are looking to do something new and run a women’s road race. Women’s racing is growing at a tremendous rate and it’s so exciting that CCA want to be a part of this and support women’s racing.

We’re currently looking into dates, with Sunday 10th June being a possibility.

So what do we need from you?

Firstly - your support! This event is a real opportunity to showcase of all that CCA does well, so your enthusiasm and support will go a long way to making this a success and showing the club at its best.

Secondly - is 10th June a viable date? I’ve checked all the calendars I can think of but please let me know if there’s anything else we need to be aware of.

Thirdly - come along on the day! Of course there will be a request for marshalls and helpers, but women’s road racing provides a great spectacle and is well-worth coming along to watch, whether you happen to be waving a flag or not.

I’ll be working with Will and others to get this up and running so please chat to me to find out more. Further details will follow!

Jenny

Comments

• Great initiative Jenny. This is, as you point out, very important and significant. Sadly, as far as I am concerned, I am not in the country at this time. If things change I will let you know.
  • Jenny I'm free that weekend so will be able to marshal.
  • As far as know I will around to help.
  • Great idea. If around, I'll definitely help out. Any chance to resurrect my TDF Marshall clobber ;-)
  • Hi Jenny - I'm available to help - let me know what needs doing
  • Well done Jenny and Will, will be great to see CCA host a women's race. I can do an accredited marshall role if that helps.
  • Lillie and/or I will do first aid Jenny if required. If not first aid we can Marshall etc...
  • Thank you everyone for your support! For now keep the date in your diaries and I'll be in touch with more details once we have a date confirmed.

And of course...get some marshalling practise in with the men's Primavera on 8th April!