Welcome to the forum

Youth parents meeting 8.30 pm 27th April - Ashwell School

edited April 2010 in Youth
A short note for all current. recent and previous parents/members of the CCA Youth section. Although winter seems to have lasted forever this year, we finally got to change the clocks for summer time and unbelievably, the grass track season for 2010 is to start again in just a few weeks in early May - keep an eye on the forum for final dates and start time for the sessions.

Geoff and the coaching team have great plans this season to help all the children to measure their progress and we are taking on a few new challenges including running the Biggleswade grass track event. Our own grass track plans continue to move forward too.

So, it's time for a club update for those who will be joining us again this year. Many of you are attending yourselves or taking your children to the Tuesday evening sessions at the school and so to try to make things easier, we are planning a Youth meeting to follow the Crossfit Session at Ashwell School on April 27th. We will aim for a meeting start at 8.30 for approximately an hour.

The Youth section continues to grow and while we do not currently need any 'formal' roles for the club, we do need volunteers for various tasks throughout the year - none should take up a lot of time and many hands make light work.

Please come along to the meeting and find out the plans for your children and where we may be looking for help - you may have experience that could be of benefit!!

We look forward to seeing you there but please let me know if you can't make it but feel that you may have something to give.

Regards
--
Gavin

Comments

• Thanks Dan for letting me know you can't make it but offering to volunteer - I have you down for everything anyway!!

Agenda for the meeting:
    1. Plans for the youth section for 2010 and coaches update
    2. Dates for the diary
    3. Grass Track update
    4. Fund raising requirements and volunteering
    5. AoB

In terms of helping out the coaches, please let Geoff or me know in particular if you can assist with the following:
    1. Registering members at the beginning of Thursday sessions
    2. Bike prep at the beginning of Thursday sessions

None are a commitment to a weekly thing and only require a few minutes of your time but if Geoff knows who to look for to help it will make the start of the sessions run more smoothly and mean sessions can start promptly so the children get the most from them.

Thanks
  • Thank you for these posts Gavin..............
    We would like as many parents and helpers to attend as is possible.............It would also be a good opportunity to re-join your kids for the new season.......see
    my latest post on this please.