Welcome to the forum

Calpe 2018 Vlogs, Blogs, Le Col shoot, for anyone needing to virtually warm up!

edited March 2018 in General
spent winter in calpe with my friends

Lawrence made a bunch of vlogs about our time (he was the guy who did the majorca vlogs in november)

"Sprinting masterclass" Ken Buckley giving a masterclass on sprinting

"My fastest ever Col De Rates time" The guys hit Rates hard... I took everyone's weight up behind because this was something like my 3rd ride since November! And matt clements tries a Compex electrode machine

"Biggest Race Of The Year" Lawrence starting to hype up a race up Rates between him and CyclingCam (another cycling vlogger) - a common theme for the next few until the race happens. Photoshoot with me at the end (results below)

"The Perfect Rest Day Guide" Needs no desc

"Our 240km Epic" All the hitters staying out in calpe rode to Valencia and back in 7 hours. 37kph average. Safe to say I was not on this one, even though I was told I could just sit in. Not my thing! "It was chain tight, but sensible until about 50km from Calpe when the through and off started".... Toward the end Rory turned the gas up and started shelling people

"THE BIG RACE!" Not the race! Just more hype for the race in the title. Standard Calpe vlog. Bike drivechain masterclass from yours truly. First use of sarah hooper's drone!

"One gear for a whole ride?" Yet again lawrence to charge his di2. This is a ride with me lawrence and matt clements. Standard vlog again, nice day out

"The Cam Jeffers vs Lawrence Carpenter Race TRAILER" Trailer shot and made by me of the Cam vs Lawrence race! The race happened on this day. We put the trailer out that night. There was quite a lot of hype on social media by now.

*****well worth watching*****
"Cycling Cam vs Lawrence: Race of the Rates" This is the race up Rates. Well worth a watch. Power data on screen.

"Taking The Col De Rates QOM" Jos takes QOM on Rates and lawrence makes a vlog about it

*****worth watching because I'm in it;)*****
"He Did A Front Flip!? Last Calpe Vlog" Really like this one. Really really nice ride out.... Dan Maynard with us this week! Then Tom Sharples jumping into the (very cold) pool. We went full on production mode for this - 5 camera setup and a drone - but sadly the drone didn't record. Then a walk up calpe rock (vlog takeover by me!)

Ollie blogged about each week he was there
Disclaimer: Ollie's a very serious cyclist - this was a log of his training along with david hewitt - I was not doing 25 hour weeks!!

These are a really interesting read, it's insight from a soon to be top level uk racer and (in two-three years) national u23 podium tester on his plans/mindset/actions during a training camp.

Blog one - CALPE 2K18 – THE START OF THE 2018 SEASON
DAY 1: 4HR W/ Z3 CLIMBS
DAY 2: 3HRS W/ SPRINTS
DAY 3: 5HRS WITH 5X CLIMBING EFFORTS
DAY 5: 4.5HRS Z2
DAY 6: CAFE DAY

Blog two - https://olliejonesmod.com/suffering-begins
DAY 7: 2.3HRS W/ 5X30SEC FULL GAS
DAY 8: 5HRS W/ 5X6MIN CLIMBING EFFORTS
DAY 9: 5HRS ENDURANCE
DAY 10: FULL REST DAY
DAY 11: 3.5HRS W/ SPRINT EFFORTS
DAY 12: 5HRS W/ KOM HUNTING UP TUDONS & 5X30SEC EFFORTS
DAY 13: 90MINS RECOVERY CAFE DAY

Blog three - https://olliejonesmod.com/epic-ride
DAY 14: SPANISH STORMS = MISSION ABORT
DAY 15: BIG DAY OUT – VALENCIA RIDE
DAY 16: 4HRS W/ CLIMBING EFFORTS
DAY 17: RECOVERY DAY
DAY 18: SPRINT EFFORTS W/ A LITTLE GAS
DAY 19: 5.5HR ENDURANCE
DAY 20: 5X10MIN CLIMBING EFFORTS
DAY 21: ABORTED CAFE DAY

Blog 4 - yet to be written. Don't think he will bother now

Le Col Photoshoot

So ollie is cool looking.... Lawrence does Le Col’s marketing... Lawrence gave us a load of kit as brand ambassadors... So we went up on the roof did what we do the three of us! Results:

Photos from the camp

I've put my favorite pictures up from the camp on my instagram here instagram.com/nathaniel.thereabouts.... Some of them are 'multiple' so click the left/right arrows on the image itself to see the other pictures in the set

Descending Val De Ebo - gopro

Val de ebo is a beautiful climb. Tom and I dropped off it pretty hard... Skip to about one minute in for the gopro video:
https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.rosa.3/videos/392662947849165/

As for me. These 7 weeks were basically time with friends / my winter base training. While everyone else is racing from next weekend I'm just starting the build of form. But added almost 60w to my threshold since summer already so quite happy with where things are looking. 10 and 30 sec power strong as ever. Turbo rat for a month now. Hoping to be pinging by May... Probably start racing in April... Definitely doing welwyn track league... No big pressure otherwise, probably just go for cat 2... Have a laugh... Maybe take it seriously next year... Probably cx this winter now I can sit on a bike for more than 2 hours... who even knows... but I'm finally, after years, liking cycling again!