Sunday 11th April - Rides

edited April 2010 in General
A discussion was had in the 3 tuns
( 1st Tues of the month )
about the number of rides
outcome was we should be having 3
hence
Club run - Geoff ( all comers )

Aerobic run - James ( 40 - 45 miles , 16mph ish , my heart rate )

Medium / fast - nasty of the day ( you know who you are )

So hopefully something for everyone

Don't forget you need to pay your subs !
bring a cheque on Sunday
£25 to CCA name on the back

Taking deposits for belgium ( £50 )
places going fast
reserve a place while you can

great atmosphere at the tuns
went for a quick one
( came back late )
Looking good for the AGM
Guest beer and Becks seemed favourates

Cheers

james

Comments

• it makes sense to have the three rides great idea I hope it will work in practice- would be possible to give an idea on the route prior to sunday, in the same way as the saturday group do- it will make it more organised on sunday morning
  • Great Medium ride with 9 out - Josh M, Strappy, Mark C, Vince, Jon S, Skelders, Jim Rees, Tim D and myself (apologies if anyone missed).
    Started as a Two bridges ride and evolved by turning right to Cople through Cardington back to Old Warden for a loop and then off to Ireland, Campton, Gravenhurst and Pirton then some main roads back to Letchworth where I jumped off to clock 59miles at 18.5mph. Can only presume others made way straight back to Ashwell.
    All the while practising through and off (where safe). Really enjoyed it and learned loads. Took me a while to pick it up to much cajoling and coaching, but think I got the hang of it in the end. Great fun and valuable training. Thanks all. Peter G
  • Well looks like we are up to 4 rides now
    hope you enjoyed it
    not giving the route is basically deliberate
    ( been mentioned a few times )
    stops people lifting the pace on the club etc runs
    you need to pick the group according to speed and distance
    up to your group leader then
    ( I know you control freaks struggle with it - oh well )
    so geoff
    bob
    aerobic ( james / andy )
    medium / nasty ( vincent / mark C etc )

Can always do a route if you want to know where you are :-)

good turn out
    3 groups back to tuns for coffee
    spring is here

James
  • Worked fine for us...as I said my ride for the next few weeks is about 15-16mph..30-35 miles...all I can sensibly manage at present...Richard/John R. Jon C and Tom joined me and we were fine. A good ride for recovering fitness or to start with the club...a few more who couldn't take the faster pace and have fallen away would be most welcome....well done young Jon...a good ride and welcome back after exams Tom.
  • i agree a very good medium ride only the 2nd time i have done thru & off starting to getting the hang of it after a few kind words from vince.peeled of at baldock got back home with 70.00 dead 18.6 ave.
    what a great way to spend a sunday morning.
    cheers all
    strappy.