Welcome to the forum

Bike recommendation: Trek Domane or BMC Roadmachine?

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing either bike, with Disc brakes and ability for upto 30mm tyres. Any input thoughts?

Dom

Comments

• The Domane is an excellent bike. Great support from Trek. Have you considered the new Trek Checkpoint? Very much like the Domane but bigger tyre clearance and flexibility to attach a rack and luggage.
  • Thx Daniel I will do so.
  • I hired a BMC In Tenerife and found it slightly unstable and easily affected by cross winds.
  • I have a 500 Series Domane with rim brakes and it is a good bike. Trek have developed the frame since I bought the bike so that there is a front and rear elastomer suspension system. So that is quite appealing on today’s rubbish roads. I’ve got hydraulic brakes on my winter bike (Genesis Datum) and they are the way forward.

Only thing I would say is that these endurance bikes with a big head tube look a bit crap compared to a race bike.
  • Thanks Martin for the feedback I will test ride the BMC and am slightly leaning towards the Trek as I love my Madone. Thanks Jeremy for the great comments, highly appreciated