Welcome to the forum

Woodcote Nr Reading Race Report Sunday 27th April

edited April 2008 in Road Racing
Race report sent to me by Keith Cairns:

Raced at Woodcote near Reading in a cat 3/4 race today with Will and Carmello. The race was advertised as 80 km which equated to just over 46 miles on my Speedo.
The race consisted of 3 and ¾ laps of undulating roads with one nasty climb which was to sort a lot of riders out (including myself) towards the end of the first lap, the main pack moved away which included Will and I think Carmello. I was left with a small group of riders who worked together for the next lap, By the end of lap two we had dropped a few off our group and had caught a few more, again working together until we caught a group of four including Carmello half way round the third lap.
On the start of the final lap we caught Will who had been in with the main bunch for the first two laps, a great ride by the junior rider who seems to be getting stronger and faster with each race he competes in, round the last lap we caught at least another 10-12 riders in groups of two or three. Finished the race in just over 2 hours 7 mins with an average speed of 21.7 mph. have not got a clue what position we finished in, just glad we finished. One trip up the hill my heart rate was 183.
On the down hill section registered 41.7 mph.