Welcome to the forum

Assistant Required

I'm in need of a assistant to help maintain the Grass tracks, this is not for the odd weekend.
I need someone who would be willing to help me take care of the Grass tracks, regular white lining and keeping the tracks in tip top condition, other duties such as strimming the mounds, and working with me to create MTB features, General ground maintenance and Keeping the Containers tidy. You must be able to tolerate a lot of swearing and to make a cup of tea, Ideally be over the age of 18.

If you feel that this would interest you and be able to give up one evening a week (Summer months) and the odd Saturday/Sunday afternoon, then this is the position for you. Either PM on here or FB.

Please note this is a Voluntary Position, but I'm sure I could wangle the odd cream bun and coffee from the bakers

Shelton Pell

Comments

• Shelton is doing a very hard job trying to care for this facility. I spent several hours this week setting out the track with Shelton. The track had wandered off course by tens of metres through progressive cuts. It is now placed correctly and the right length.
    Shelton needs help to mark out two inner tracks.
    Unless these are marked and cut for use soon the club will once again over use the main track and damage the race line.
    The inner tracks can be used for the younger riders and for coaching and training.
    Cornering speed isn't critical for these functions so you can ride a smaller track and radius.
    The main track can be used for speed and pre-event coaching and training once the new race line is weed killed, fertilised and sound.
    Coaches and occasional users,please help Shelton by doing everything you can to help maintain this facility so that when you hold national events the track is at its best.
    The club is spending a lot to get this track back into good condition.
    It's up to all who use it to help keep it that way.
    I know that CCA are up to this challenge. Thank you.
  • Shelton - I am normally around on a Thursday and Friday although sometimes have to work. Let me know when you are coming down and I am happy to help if I can.