Welcome to the forum

Chaingang taster/recce - tues 10 april

edited April 2018 in Chain gangs
Hi all

Believe it or not, this evening is going to be nice weather. I am going to recce the chain-gang loop, ahead of next Tuesday's formal start, looking for fresh potholes from the winter.

Fancy it? I'll do a couple of laps at whatever speed everyone wants. It'll be dark after 2 laps, so lights required.

Hopefully this summer, we'll get a good crowd going on the Tuesday evening chain gangs.

I'll be at the Steeple Morden junction: at the church/Wagon & Horses pub at 7.30pm.

Each lap is 9 miles. Route:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

ta

Martin 07977 652 247

Comments

• Hi Martin - this sounds good, I’ll aim to make it out for a spin, and possibly Dave too. Hope to be at the church for 7.30.
  • edited April 2018
    Ooooo I was going to do 2hr turbo tonight. I'll aim my day around doing 1hr turbo then drive out for 7.30pm, 90% sure I'll be there

edit instead of turbo just gonna arrive at 6 ish and do 4 laps
  • @Nathaniel Rosa I'll meet you somewhere and join early, haven't got good enough lights for a late finish. Meet you somewhere on the loop?
  • edited April 2018
    Chris yep sure!
  • Cheers, course has holes in the same places just now they are a bit deeper and more plentiful :dizzy:
  • 6 out. Good to see Skelders on his new bike and with very smooth chain gang rotation in the group it must be said. Dave and Jenny out too. Vince having a good dig, expertly hanging on at the back when necessary, and rocket legs Nat.

Lap 1 22mph. Lap 2 was at 24mph at the village sign when Nat went for the 'win'. Fast for this time of year and with so few people.

PotholeWatch... Nothing at all has been repaired since last summer. So everything is just all a bit more rubbish. The area approaching Bassingbourn is bad. There is only a narrow band of decent road now after the turn after South Farm. The flat bit before the hill approaching Steeple Morden is bad. And Steeple Morden high street is poor. On the plus side: it will help us practice communication and calling out the holes.

Everyone enjoyed it all. Here's to a summer of riding fun. The forecast for next week at least, is great. Cheers!
  • Cheers Martin for that, was great to see u guys and a good blast!