Welcome to the forum

Tour de Yorkshire 2018

Folks....4 days this year. 3rd to 6th May. Thursday to Sunday. Day 3 Saturday starts in Richmond and finishes in Scarborough. it's a nice ride into Richmond from my farm or we can ride out to Northallerton to watch.
Anyone interested in a weekends stay and cycling here is welcome.
Let me know if interested

Comments

• Thanks Geoff, this would be great- I think we're up for it, subject to the weather not turning disastrous. Our plan emerging is to take Friday off and drive up early to catch the Women's stage near Ilkely and see some relatives while we're there, then get to you early evening. Would this be ok with you? We're always happy with our tent if others want to use the static...

Always love a beasting on the hills of your area- anyone else up for some (very) hilly rides and a bit of spectating?

Dave W.
  • good news Dave look forward to seeing you and Jenny on Friday evening. First come so you get the double bed in the mobile. Thanks to Mark and others it's now equipped with microwave and toaster.
  • Thanks Geoff! We'll drop you an email nearer the time...
  • Looking quite reasonable weather for this. Saturday good but Sunday sunny and nice southerly breeze.
    Anyone else up for this weekend? Think Jeremy is riding with us Saturday and Sunday.
    Maybe fit a few classic climbs in....Stang, Grinton, Buttertubs, Tan Hill and back via Brough and Middleton should be a challenging circular.
  • Wow....great days cycling. Rode over the moor to marske and on towards Leyburn. Watched the race come through at Bellerby, fabulous little village. Then rode to Redmire and over Grinton Moor to Reeth. Stopped at the cyclists cafe and then back over Stang and home. 60 miles. Great company with Dave and Jenny. Sadly Jeremy had a guest and couldn't make this. Off for some well earned food and then some rest before another days riding tomorrow.