Welcome to the forum

Road Racing

Hi all

Just a head's up that 3 of us raced on Sunday over at the Essex Roads CC road race. Me, Dave W and Mat Porter. Even though we couldn't break into the top 10 and score some elusive points, we were all in the mix and happily finished in the bunch.

I just thought it worth a reminder: this race was part of the Eastern Road Race League. There are 30+ races in their season and about 12 of them are Category 3-4 ones, inclusive to the skills and abilities of many CCA members.

As CC Ashwell help to run an event - our Primavera - CCA members get first in line for entry, along with the other clubs in the ERRL. It's quite a rare privilege: as almost all races will sell out. Thanks needs to go out to those helping out at the Primavera, as it allows members to achieve entry into the other races. Also: special thanks to all Marshals who give their time.

I know there's a good few CCA riders out there road racing or looking to race this summer. If you want to get involved - road race or crit perhaps: then ask around and/or put a note on the forum and you'll find there's others to hook up with. Cheers.