Welcome to the forum

Thursday night MK world champs - tonight Thu 3rd May

Anyone going?

https://www.facebook.com/miltonkeynes.cyclingassociation/
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/172959/Corley-Cycles-/-Abbeygate-Developments-Summer-Series--3
Update on spaces available for tomorrow (Thursday 3rd):
6pm 4th cat race - 22 spaces
6pm women's 2/3/4 - 20 spaces
7pm 3/4 cat race - 19 spaces
7pm E/1/2/3 race - 5 spaces

I'm going to do 4th only cat probably. Sarah suggested 4th is safer than 3/4, then jump straight to e123 when you get 3rd. Legs got ripped apart last night so mostly going in for the training! Anyone planning being there?

Comments

• Nice one Nat. I can't do today. But I will try and do one or two of this series in the summer. I know a few other CCA have said the same.

If you're doing the 4th Cat, my advice (feel free to completely ignore!! lol) would be to stay at the very tip of the bunch and out of trouble. Top 4-5. You're too good to worry much about drafting too much. I'd be tempted to let any solo break go/suffer. Unless it's a few laps to go and you think they're as good as you.

And consider going for a long sprint - you're so good, I think you'd do well that way for points and not get caught up in the bunch. I mean like start sprinting on the flat - waaay before the hill. I don't think you realise how good you are. You never know just how long you might hold the others behind you off for...

Good luck!
  • Thanks Martin!

I will do just that. Is what I've heard from others as well.

Will just have to see how the legs do, flying last night but now pretty roasted haha!!
  • Came 3rd in the end
    Did a one lap solo 30 ish mins in because it was so boring
    Bunch sprint, legs hurt too much from y’day and I seemed to be pretty marked haha
  • Nice one Nat, good result! I love the bowl...!
  • No stopping you now Nat.
  • edited May 2018
    Cheers cheers cheers
  • haha.....go for it Nat. you are on your way. Have fun.