Welcome to the forum

Further TT update: ECCA 50 mile Champs on the E2/50 New Club and Comp record set

=12 Chris Potter Male Senior CC Ashwell 1:44:20 28.754 Mph - New club record?
43 Helen Gravatt Female Vet CC Ashwell 1:59:07 25.185 Mph

I've been a bit quiet recently, and not really enjoying racing, so went into the ECCA 50 with not much confidence, but intent on just having a good ride and not worrying about results.

Naturally its raining as i change near the start, so i trundle down the A11 to the Wilbrahams slipway, not really engaged or ready for 50 hard miles.

The start comes up and i'm off, magically, after a month of heavy legs, they feel great, zoom down towards the turn "against " the wind, but it feels quick. Turn back with the wind on me and it's off sailing to Newmarket. I get to the turn feeling good, all the lube has washed off my chain and its making such a din, i think i have a puncture, tyre stays inflated so it's fine. Turn back to heads towards Cambridge and the wind is not an issue like last year.

No.50, my 5 minute man sails past, christ he is motoring, turns out he is going on to break the national comp record (1:34.37!!) but i just stay focused and head back. Push the final few miles to the finish. 1:44.20! Wow that was not expected, 4 minutes faster than last year, 5 long 20 minute 10's back to back. Lovely. G&T plus Avengers at the cinema to celebrate.

I dont know Helen but a great ride by her to go under 2 hours too!

Comments

• Well done Chris. Great result.
  • Well done Chris and Helen. Have read all about the new record on the RTTC legends forum.
  • Excellent stuff! Speedy day on the E2 and an outrageous PB for you. 1.44 and only 12th? Just goes to show the advances in TT riding these days. Great ride! Not even half way through the season yet too, lots more fast times to come from you!
  • Top ride, Chris. Smashed it. Congrats!