Welcome to the forum

Hoops 3 day natb - 27th - 29th July. 70% availability currently

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/180450/Hoops-3-Day-Stage-Race

27/7/18 - Hill Climb up "Phil's Hill" in Bow Brickhill

28/7/18 AM - 20 laps of the Cranfield Triangle circuit

28/7/18 PM - An hour plus 5 laps of the Milton Keynes Bowl

29/7/18 - 8 laps of the Astwood circuit

Sarah hooper's classic 3 day race, this year with a hill climb

It's first come first serve. she just told me 30% of the field has signed up already considering it only went up a couple of days ago

I've entered. Got a bunch of mates in it, all significantly stronger than I :fearful:

It's all local and should be a laugh if anyone's interested in a target

Something to train for now! :sweat:

Comments

• edited July 2018
    So this was this weekend!

Due to basically a month off of any proper riding because of travelling / illness I predictably got completely #spat!!

But hey ho, still fun. Still cool to finally race with all my friends

A field of 75

Stage 1 was a hill climb; friday night. I was 200 (lol) watts down on what I should have been able to do. Mostly because of form; partly because I didn't fancy burying myself because had no real interest in GC. I think I came about 2/3 down the list. My friend matt clements who some of you will know won it by a second over mike cuming.

Stage 2/3 on Saturday were MK bowl crits. 1hr and 1.5hr. Stage 3 it started raining about 30 mins in so the corners were shut down and it just turned into a big circle funfair. Not much could have been done about that, but noone was happy with it!

I don't have the fitness now and got dropped after 20 minutes and just bowled around. I think bigham won stage 2, can't remember who won stage 3

Ribble and spirit whacked it from lap one and it lined out for the entire race, only bunching up occasionally, and even then it was still about 30 riders long when it did. They had 8/7 riders whose job it was to literally gutter it and blow themselves up. Once marcus and bigham got away they just shut everything down

I was half way down GC after this

Stage 4 was an 80mile RR today. Si wilson won from a solo attack last on last lap and rupert g came close ish second. Ollie maxwell won the kick. I didn't ride it because my throat was bad yesterday and I'm off away tomorrow so it wasn't worth it. Doubt I'd have held on anyway. Did photography and feeding instead!

Bigham won the gc, matt held 9th despite being involved in two crashes in two days

Pics are here: https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.rosa.3/media_set?set=a.481293342319458.1073741845.100013163891300&type=3

So yeah it was really really fun riding around with all my mates. And it was my first real race so just a good thing to be a part of. I'm absolutely hooked now. I plan to do a very serious winter this year and then mix it up from the jock wadley next year

GC after stage 3, not that it really means much

edit found a few pics of me
    no that is not me attacking, that is me about to be lapped hahah

• Thanks for sharing Nat. What an amazingly strong field of riders and teams to be up against. Brave and strong performance. Respect.

If GC racing is piquing your interest: maybe think about Tour of Malta 2019? The perfect conclusion to a serious winter of training...
  • Second that - join the Malta parade