Welcome to the forum

Colchester Road Race, Sun 3 June

Two CCA riders were at the Colchester Road Race today - on the Abberton Reservoir loop. Part of the Eastern Road Racing League that all CCA riders are privileged to get first dibs to enter.

Race report here.

Comments

• Another great race report from Martin. Well done on a cracking effort.

My race report is considerably shorter:
    Arrive / Sign-on / warm up / neutral start (actually, not that neutral - I hit over 900 watts to stay in the group) / puncture... all over!

I know Martin thought that 11th place is the worst position - I'd say failure to even make the start-line after all that prep is worse.

Anyway, these things happen. At least I didn't crash. And I got to practise my warm-up routine (got to find a positive somewhere!).

As Martins says, this road racing lark is brilliant. It is even better when you have team mates around - the CCA blue really stands out in the peloton (for all the right reasons, unlike some other kits :-) ). The cat 3/4 races are around 80km/50miles and are really accessible. It would be great to see more CCA riders.

Up-coming ERRL 3/4 races:

1st July, Lea Valley RR. Saffron Walden. BC Details
    15th July, VC Baracchi RR. Nr Beccles. BC Details
    12th August, Mid Suffolk RR, Somersham. BC Details
    19th August, CC Sudbury RR. BC Details

Full list of league events: ERRL Events

Mat
  • great to see the enthusiasm. Hard luck Matt and well done Martin.
    On another point...Martin, your reports require me to go onto two other sites and accept their terms in order to read them.
    Can all reports simply be copied onto this forum as text or better sent to Mark Constable or Jess so that they can be on our new website under a race news category.
    I am no longer jumping around different media to read stuff. Let's get it collated under one heading CCA here.
  • Legendary, martin!

Great read. loving the blog format, sounds like an exciting sprint