Welcome to the forum

London Nocturne

So proud of Sophie this weekend. She applied for and was accepted to ride in the elite womens race at the London Nocturne, despite still being a youth rider. She started well but was expecting to get dropped in the first lap as she was riding with her youth gearing (max roll out of 6.93m). Well, she took it on from the front, leading around the first few corners, then settled in but kept doing her bit on the front as needed. There was a lone rider off the front after 10 minutes who rode an amazing race to take the win with Sophie coming in 3rd. She says that she might have tried a bit harder had she known in advance how big the the prize money pot was!

Comments

• Nice one Sophie!
  • rightly so Claire....Sophie is a shining example. That is some performance.
  • Lovely write up Claire. Dave and I also had a crack at this and it was a really great event with such enthusiastic support from everyone watching. Sadly lapped riders were pulled out so I didn't get to enjoy the race for quite as long as I would have liked, but I made it back to the finishing straight to cheer Sophie on. Definitely a race to have another go at next year!
  • Sophie said that she had seen you at the start Jenny. I got to watch the race on Facebook live while I was on the train home from Brighton but found it quite difficult to identify anyone once it started to get dark, even Sophie was difficult to pick out. The crowds lining the course looked fantastic though, and it must have been entertaining having the TV cameras on the bikes chasing you all round the circuit! Sophie loved it and will certainly be back next year chasing the £1000 first prize!!