Welcome to the forum

Chaingang, Tues 19 June 7.30pm

Last week we offered up to 4 laps on the chaingang. It was very smooth, I think in part because we eased our way into lap 1 rather than firing the wattage bazooka from the go.

More of the same this Tuesday?

Very warm and not too windy forecast. Sunset as good as it gets this summer: a ridiculous 9.24pm. But bring lights anyway.

If you've not been on a chaingang for a while, or have never tried one: why not give it a go. Just hang on at the back if you want - particularly an idea at the start until a group rhythm is found.

7.30pm riders leave The Three Tuns, Ashwell.
7.35pm approx, meet other riders at Steeple Morden church/pub just before the turn to begin the first lap.

Come on down and sharpen your group road-riding skills, communication - calling out on potholes, on-coming traffic and vigilance on every turn - as well as boosting your summer fitness.

Lap route:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

Comments

• Unfortunately I can’t make it this week. Have a good one.
  • Will hopefully make it, but I still need to develop an exit strategy from a work thing.
  • Matt - I can provide you with an "urgent" phone call at an appropriate time, if that would help your exit? Lemme know!
  • Anyone out for pre?
  • 10 out, including young Sophie P doing really well and holding on for 1 lap. Like last week, starting steady and then cranking up the last two laps. Warm and serene weather as we approach the longest day.

• the reg for that ford focus was HV11 OKB
  • Think that's Sophie L Martin :-) Harley P
    Really smooth transition there you are all looking really good