Welcome to the forum

SORRY GUYS!

edited April 2010 in Club runs
soz for the two blow outs today and for being crap at mending punctures and blowin up tires!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    no worries chris, though the puncture getting the bike out of the car before we'd even set off was quite a special one.

for the record, we started with 14 riders and finished with 9, one of those rides. punctures, hills ,wind, pot holes, horses, dogs, bad drivers etc we were joined for a bit by a group from cambridge cc, though we only found out when one of them coughed... not sure how long they had been drafting. not sure where we went, all a bit of a blur, sort of bennington / westmill territory. first half very slow, second half pretty quick. tim hector made a lone breakaway after chris tried to make up for his punctures by throwing himself in front of a lorry on the a10. tim was never seen again so stage winner i guess. 34 miles at 16.3 mph.
  • Please accept my sincere apologies for unintentionally messing up the start of the ride by going up Kingsland Way to quickly. Jeremy and I were deep in conversation about the relatively poor build quality of some Bontrager wheel sets and we honestly lost track of what was happening behind us.

I have been riding road bikes more or less continuously from the age of 15yrs (with my Dad ‘Chairman Bob’ and those that have known me for some time will appreciate that I tend to prefer a big gear and quite often I get carried away (especially if I sense Carmelo behind me!!).

I honestly enjoy the Wednesay ride and don’t really mind if its 15 or 18mph average.

Although it’s a pretty obvious solution the key is for right people to be on the front from the beginning. There also needs to be a regular change at the front throughout the ride with appropriate Geoff like shouts ‘Ease Up’.

I managed to catch up with Dad and apologised profusely, we then had a steady ride averaging 17.6 mph with no punctures.

So sorry guys, will try harder.
  • Please also accept a Mea Culpa from me. Sorry all.
  • whose been having fun on Bob's ride then!!!!!!.....sorry I missed this one
  • We need Ken to come back
    so we can all blame him :-)

Geoff, are you sure you where not on the ride ?

there's just too many bad boys these days !

....now when I started with the club.........
    .........sun always shone.........
    ..tyres never punctured.......
    ......never got lost.......

...I blame the parents

James
  • honest James.I'm a rider in remission...would not say boo to a goose......wouldn't know where to start these days
  • Just like a bad smell and here I am
    Carbon Ken
  • edited May 2010
    gonna call you non-stick ( teflon ) Ken from now...good to see you on here Ken.....how you doin?....just like the old days..miss the craic ( see here http://www.ireland-fun-facts.com/craic.html )
  • Carbon ken you have been missed !
    Life is getting boring
    come back and start world war 3 , please
    although from above opening shots have been fired
    I will be out this wed as well
    Too good to miss :-)

James
  • oooohhhh.fun times ahead