Welcome to the forum

Gritfest 2019

Gritfest 2019 confirmed dates are 22nd and 23rd June. Entries will open on the 1st November.

Gritfest is a Gravel Racing two day stage race in West Wales. Daniel, Dave, Richard and myself rode it this year and had a fantastic time. Camping at the venue, live music, bar, fantastic route, instant results, there's not much more you can ask for.

I'll be entering again, who else is coming?

Comments

• I have my tyres already.
  • i have put this in the diary as i should have a bike to do it on by June next year!

Anyone know why there are no SRAM Force CX1 groupsets in the UK at the moment?

• Im going to sign up for it this time. Cross bike with 40c tyres for me.

I honestly cant remember seeing the full hydraulic groupset up for sale. Can buy individually though which is strange. I might have my Force rear mech and shifters up for sale after CX season if thats any good to you?
  • If James doesn't want them when you're selling them I might take them off your hands!
  • Just a reminder entries open tomorrow. Be there or be somewhere else less fun.
  • Thomas was interested in this. I’ll have to investigate age restrictions.
  • Looks like the minimum age is 16. Does this work for Tom (by June 22nd)?
  • Daniel. I checked and they use same age criteria as BC so he’ll be categorised as 16. His birthday is 25/12 so In by 6 days!
    Now just to convince his mum it’s a good idea :)
  • Sam and I are in. I shall probably select Schwalbe CX Pro's for this event.
  • I recommend volume in tyres. 40mm gravel tyres are ideal, I will be using Schwalbe G Ones, which are 38mm.

Good Sam is coming and I hope Tom gets maternal approval!
  • Maternal approval received. Thomas is entered
  • I have entered this and looking forward to the challenge!
  • Great news James. Looks like we will have an excellent group going...
  • I am interested but have no car or camping equipment. Is there anybody who can take pity and help me out 😀
  • i can help you out on both fronts Alistair
  • Thanks James, I'll take you up on that offer. Very much appreciated.
  • I've entered too. Really enjoyed it last year.