Welcome to the forum

CCA 20th Anniversary ‘Subsidised’ Cycling Shirts Pre

Dear CCA Members

At the last CCA committee meeting, the committee agreed that as we plan for the clubs 20th year we will commission some special CCA cycling jerseys to mark the occasion.

We are keen that as many members have one of these shirts as possible so they will Be subsided by roughly 50% (c25 quid).

To help us with the planning we could do with a rough idea of how many shirts in each size we might need.

This is not a binding commitment but if you are interested and likely to taking one of these special shirts please complete the doddle poll below by the end of October.

https://doodle.com/poll/p9zhza8xgpxcunc7

Comments

• Thanks for organising Jess. I’ll arrange sizing samples and they should be with me in a couple of weeks. I’ll post again as soon as I have them.
  • Couldn't connect to doodle jess. Put me down for a shirt please
    Better ask bob as he doesn't read this forum
    Be a pity if the founders didn't have one of these.
    Great idea.
  • I now have the sample sizing kit (both men and women’s) but it needs to be returned by Oct 12th. I’ll be bringing it to the Ashwell CX set up day this Saturday, race day on Sunday and rollers on Monday. I won’t be able to loan kit out but there are changing rooms available.
    The attached size guide was accurate for my body measurements so use this if you don’t get the chance to try a sample.
  • edited October 2018
  • edited October 2018
  • Hi Dan,

What size chest are you and what size is the jersey in the picture.

Regards

Steve
  • Hi Steve, the jersey I'm wearing in the photo is a size 4 (96-100). I measure 96.5, I did fit the size 3 in the chest but it was way too tight on the belly. The recommendation is to choose the bigger one if you are in-between sizes
  • Thanks Dan
  • These looks great..thanks Dan. Im on the cusp of 3 and 4 so will take the advice and go 4, does the doodle need updating?
  • Hi Dan, Nice modelling! 😊 I size 4, but the doodle poll doesn’t correlate - it just has small, medium etc. Do we need a new doodle poll now that the sizing is different?
  • @Sirlez please can you modify the doodle poll
  • Bringing the sample kit to a muddy CX race now seems a bad idea. It will be available on Monday after rollers.
  • Is there a design yet. Will be suitable for racing in and if children sizes are available please reshoot sizing chart as flash lost that bit.
  • Just a reminder that I will have the sample sizing kit at the Ashwell URC hall from 8:30pm
  • Looks like I need a size 4 but don’t see how I can indicate this on the doodle poll.....
  • edited October 2018
    I think for the moment we're getting numbers, rather than a final order with sizes together for this, as the kit is yet to be designed. Might be an idea when we're getting nearer the time to order, we combine the monthly club night with a sizing session, or Dan will end up like a door to door salesman lugging the kit about everywhere.
  • Hi Paul. Unfortunately I can’t keep the sizing kit that long. It’s going back this week. I’ve made a new doodle poll.

https://doodle.com/poll/ie3i7s2ymzmthasa
  • Thanks Dan, doodle poll duly completed.
  • Dan, sorry couldn't get down to try the jersey. Instead I did go into one of the London Cycle Surgery shops which stock the Kalas brand of jersey and tried on the size 4 and 5.

I currently have the size L in Ashwell jersey (Endura).

The size 4 was too tight, the size 5 was good fit. Hence I've put 5 on the doodle and would like to order that size (assuming the same style/fit of the Ashwell jersey).

Hope that helps others as a comparison guide.

Bob
  • thanks Bob,

Here are some other results from people that have tried on the tops:

I wear M and have gone for a size 4 (its a belly issue for me, if you normally wear a M and have a flat stomach I think a 3 would be fine but please use the sizing guide attached in this thread)
    Martin L wears S and has gone for 1+
    Paul S wear M and has gone for a 3

I'll post some others up here later.

If anyone wants to pop over to try for size you are more than welcome, send me a PM.

Dan.
  • Hi Dan

Ordered XL same as my old Ashwell top , then found 2nd. doodle and ordered size 6 , should be my size according to the chart.
    Thanks Dave N.
  • Thanks for sorting this out Dan. I've put a size 2 - please could I have a women's fit jersey.
  • Hi Jenny. Yes. No problem.
  • for sizing assistance.....

I have a Kalas Jersey which is a size 5....

my endura CCA jerseys, Gilets etc are size L....

my TMG CCA jersey is an XL....
  • Yes: if it helps all, I tried on the sample Kalas gear and would say Kalas Size "1+" is an approx match to Endura and TMG Size S. I'd say Kalas was a little bit longer in the body maybe than Endura and TMG.

Jenny: are you sure about size 2?

Note: Size 1 looked tiny but may small frame TTers and racers well.
  • Did you put me down for a size 4 Dan. Hope so as I didn't post my request on forum.
  • Probably too late, but noticed that my name was not on the second doodle poll.

if not size 3 please.

thanks
  • dan

i did apply but could not see my name anywhere can you put me on the list.

thx

strappy
  • edited January 2019
    Here's a sneak preview of our 20th Anniversary shirt. I'll be placing the order next week. Please make sure your name is on the poll. https://doodle.com/poll/ie3i7s2ymzmthasa

• edited January 2019
    I'm going to close the poll on Friday so that I can put the order together over the weekend. Make sure to take part in the poll if you want a jersey. Cost will be £25 per person, 1 per person at this price. Additional jerseys will be £50 each.