Welcome to the forum

Saturday 1st May 8.30am

edited April 2010 in Club runs
Does anyone want to meet up for a medium pace ride this Saturday?

The ringleader Robbie has now retired from Saturdays but there are others who may still be interested.

Comments

• I shall be there.
  • Not sure which clearance I have yet Sat or Sun... will let you know. How far, how high and I asume very fast???
  • I'm up for it. I take it medium means medium. Or does it mean Alex medium? ;-)
  • think it means AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH...Adam, hope that helps
  • Anyone participating in these Sat rides should come prepared for a long ride - subject to weather they tend to be anywhere between 60 and 90 miles, and generally as hilly as N.herts, Beds, Bucks and Essex will allow. The pace is always flexible, though these rides are certainly not suitable for beginners. Hope helps.
  • very politely put Phil. In layman's terms that means - if you are able to walk on Sunday, Phil & Alex were on a recovery ride... ;-)
  • hahahhahahahaha.........don't know about"hope helps" Phil......prayer sounds more appropriate
  • Tim, Having raced twice in the last 5 days and completed a 64m ride last night, you can safely rest assured that the pace will be absolutely fine - see you there....
  • See you at 08:30. My question is 'Where'? Daniel
  • recovery ride it is then :-)))))

still negotiating at home though... :-(
  • What a wicked ride. I made it about 85 miles at 17.8mph, but Alex and Phil took us over some beastly hills. Don't ask me the route, but it involved both Woburn and Whipsnade.

Thanks for showing the way, for the extra 'tube (Phil) for help with not one but two punctures (Phil and Tim), for a slight push up one or two hills (Alex - promised I wouldn't confess to benefiting from that) and for at least looking like you were suffering as well (Tim). This, I should add, was in stark contrast to Alex who rapidly became a blue dot as soon as the gradient hit more than about 5%, only to coast nonchalantly down while I was still wheezing up, and to Phil who appeared to become more giggly the steeper it got. It ain't natural.
  • hahahaaha........well done Adam.......never really could stay with this bunch..tried last year but knew they had more in the tank...looks like the gap has grown beyond reach.....happy cycling you nuts
  • What a great route. Never seen Bison on a ride before! Alex tells me it’s called Bison Hill because of this aha! I called that hill a number of things on the way up a couple almost rhymed with Biston...

The punctures were a welcome break for a change...sorry chaps about mine, you all riding up that hill while I was punctured at the bottom, then riding back down and then riding up it again ( I did shout puncture, honest!)
    Great fun, nice route, good company, thanks chaps….

P.S The “PBAUC club" is growing Adam and I joining today, Phil is way to fit and needs to eat more pies before he can join, Alex is the founder member and plays a pivotal role in the clubs membership selection process. There are other CCA club members who have joined already; you know who you are….. Skelders, how about a special jersey or armband for members? Oh are you in the PBAUC club or the PBAOF? mmmm may need two types of Jersey.
  • I take it PBAOF...is ...Pain Before Anyone Offers Friendship......sounds fair..got to suffer before accepted......PBAUC ...could be Pies+Beer+Alcohol=Unfit Cyclists.......any other suggestions whilst wishing to be able to participate??