Welcome to the forum

World Championships Yorkshire 2019

One for the diary. Routes out now
link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/45652199
Wednesday 25th to Sunday29th all routes and races are viewable within easy reach by riding out from my farm.
If interested log these dates and book some time off to come up here and see who is crowned world champ 2019.

Comments

• Interesting routes! Interesting idea as well!
  • Theres only one race in Yorkshire in September that matters and 4 of us from CCA are racing it this Sunday! Next years Worlds are just the support act.
  • clever Richard. That's thecyclo/ cross in Ribblehead I suppose.
    Good luck. Sorry I can't make it to cheer on as I'm on stock duties that day.
    Could you start another discussion so as not to confuse this one too much.
  • Back on topic...... The races include junior and under 23 on earlier days.
    It's a long way ahead but it's worth putting in your diaries.
    I've got rides that take us to the races and then continue when they have passed through. Should be something for everyone and a cycling holiday into the bargain.
  • bringing this back as a reminder. Log these dates in your diaries. Whether you stay up here or just come for the day this is an event not to miss. The Italian trip riders will definitely be able to benefit from their fitness and ride to the racing.
  • bringing this back to top Guys.
    As an added incentive please note that Sophie Lewis has been short listed for the GB squad Junior team at these world championships in Yorkshire. Hopefully she will get a slot to race in TT and Road team. Her recent podiums suggest she ought to be there.
    Come up and cheer on a fellow club member.
  • Sounds good Geoff. Talk about it when we are away Be good to get a couple of days riding in as well 👍
  • for those interested and not going to Italy with us, a reminder.........There is ample space on my farm to camp any number of people. I have a 4/6 berth mobile home available to club members at no charge. Fully self contained so just bring food/sleeping bags. Some of the routes we can ride out to view from my farm. Some you may decide to drive to and watch. Those we ride to can be turned into a good day ride. Shower/bath/toilets accessible for those not in mobile home. Turn up and lets make this a great club outing and fingers crossed see Sophie race to podium....How good would that be for CCA
  • I recommend that people take Geoff up on this opportunity if they can. The riding and scenery is stunning up there, and will be once in a lifetime opportunity.

Alas I have to miss it, I have no holiday left and have the inter club hill climb on the Sunday and start a new job on the Monday.

So anyone going up I hope you all have a great time, I am very jealous :)
  • Don't make the IC Hill Climb sound like a chore, Al :-)
  • Back from Italy and looking forward to riding out to see some of the world championship racing. Let me know if you are coming up . All welcome.