Welcome to the forum

CCA at Kingston Wheelers hill climb

edited October 2018 in Road Racing
Jenny, Dave and James raced the annual Kingston Wheelers hill climb on Saturday. Its uses the famous Leith Hill in Surrey which many people will know from RideLondon100 (or from Zwift!)

The CCA trio were using the event as part of their build-up towards the national hill climb championship, but they were also hoping for a share of the event's generous £600 prize fund.

Leith Hill is 0.9 miles long with an average gradient of 9% including a couple of steeper sections. All three CCA'ers climbed it at 10-11 mph which needs plenty of power and commitment: above 5 watts/kg for the five minute effort.

Dave matched his time from last year despite not being well and having also had a last-minute puncture before the start. James had a strong ride which earned him some money amongst the juveniles & juniors, while Jenny took a big chunk off her previous PB and that was enough to win the women's category. It also made her the fastest woman of out of 2000+ on Strava to climb Leith Hill during 2018!

Video:-

Comments

• Thanks for the support Mark, and well done James and Jenny for getting in the money! Unfortunately despite getting exactly the same time as last year, they'd dredged up some faster vets than me this year, knocking me off 5th place Vet money by 10 seconds - I'm placing the blame solely with the nation of Belgium for my poor performance...
  • Brilliant Results/Rides for the CCA Trio
  • Well done all!
  • Well done the CCA trio. I got to ride with Jenny and Dave in Belgium the other week. I wasn't alone in noting they have evolved into a new class of rider. It's great to see their development and investment in the sport paying dividends.