Welcome to the forum

CX Eastern League R3 results

Round 3 was Northlands Cross in Basildon. A few of the regular Cx team guys decided to race the Central league race at the old World Cup venue in Milton Keynes the day before, thus missed this round. Daniel Doncaster decided to race both, nutter!
At this time of year you still expect the ground to be fairly quick and dry, especially after the summer we have had wouldn't you? Nope! After 3 days of mega rainfall, the course was a sloppy mud fest! The type of mud you would normally expect in December and January. After watching the V50 race and cheering the team on, i spoke with Danial afterwards to see hear how he got. "That was Fun" was his first words but also was totally wasted from racing the day before. A great effort by all especially considering the conditions.
I didn't quite manage the result i was hoping for but that was down to tyres and maybe a lack of skill. Running Baby Limus in sloppy deep mud is like bringing a knife to a gun fight and made for a few interesting moments! Lesson learnt!

Results:

Under 10
6th Logan Ayers (1st U8)

Under 12
8th Louis Oppen

Youth
10th Sam Daniels
11th Thomas Ayers
39th Alister Oppen

V40 Women
4th Emma Pell

V40 Men