Welcome to the forum

Our cyclocross race in numbers

366 Number of riders who paid to enter the race

325 Number of riders who started the races

311 Number of riders who completed their races

2 Number of cyclocross races held nearby on the same day (National League and London League races clashed)

100% Percentage of youth riders who started compared to number that entered

86% Percentage of vet 50 riders who started compared to number that entered

41 Number of women who raced (we promoted the only Women's race in the league)

16 Number of women who raced at the previous comparable race (when they race in amongst the men)

5799 KM's cycled by the racers (asuuming only 2 laps of practise each)

30 Number of volunteers who helped

48 hours spent setting up the course

280 volunteer hours in total

24 Toilet rolls consumed

12000 Feet of tape ordered and supplied

4.5 KM of tape actually used (which turns out to be more than 12000 feet)

382 Number of stakes used to mark out the course

32 Number of traffic cones used to mark out the course

6 Car loads of kit used to take down the course

368 Miles driven by me travelling to and from the venue

1 Number of vans we'll hire next year

1 Number of injuries on the day (a broken little finger)

0 Number of complaints - happy days

My thanks to all the volunteers, to Jamie for sorting out the tape and the kids prizes (my fault for ordering too little tape), to Martin for the promo poster and to all those that did whatever they did on Facebook!

Comments

• The statistic you are missing is the proportion of people who had a brilliant day. Based on conversations I have had at the time and after, comments on Facebook and other feedback I would say that this was as close to 100% as possible.

It was a fantastic day made possible by much hard work from many people. Great weather and an ideal venue played a significant part.

A challenging, and therefore rewarding, course gave rise to some excellent sport, not least in the Women's only race.

We all owe Peter a huge debt of thanks for organising this wonderful promotion.
  • This sounds like a fantastic event - there are some good numbers there! Glad to see the women's race was well-subscribed. So much hard work by all involved, and it sounds like it all paid off and was a real success.
  • LOL Pete you obviously have too much time on your hands :-) but it was seriously a great effort and brilliant day. Thankyou for piloting the womens only race as well - this was really appreciated by all the women riders with so many positive comments. You need a well deserved rest now!
    Jackie
  • Race results:

Womens:
    Jackie F 12th
    Anna F 33rd
    Stevie W 35th

V50
    Vince F 16th
    Tim D 30th
    Daniel D 37th
    Stuart F 45th
    Richard L 49th

V40

Ben R 13th
    Dan H 18th
    Dave H 21st
    Iain F - DNF

But the most important number fact is the Dan v Dave challenge: Dan 3, Dave 1

How about a nice write up @Beny R
  • edited October 2018
    Credit to Stuart and Ben for the photos.

• I reckon I'll be staying on 1. You're too quick these days Dan. I'll be doing a rain dance on Sunday morning!