Welcome to the forum

May 9th Steady ride

edited May 2010 in Club runs
If weather permits youths and those wanting to ride close..learn pace riding ...not go too fast..somewhere between 14-16 depending on those on the day....trying through and off and chaingang.....either 15 mile loops or 30-40 miles flattish as previous rides and again depending on those who turn up.................will do this on Monday bank hol. also.

Sunday 9am at cemetery ......Monday 9.30am at cemetery

Comments

• just like last week.weather permitting....start 9am....as advertised ...probably 15 mile loops so those not wanting to go too far there is an opt. out half way round.......hope to see you all tomorrow
  • had a good ride...37 miles at 15 with 4 of our younger riders....cameron,steve,theo and jon.........well done all of you.....I hope more can make it on future weeks.....
    we met carbon Ken and a friend half way round and had a good chat....he has joined/formed a truly individualists ride with NO rules and doing as each like on any ride...they start together and then just ride where they want turning to suit the way they feel on any day..the faster ones trying to get back on a longer ride before the slower on a shorter.....Ken says it works which for those who know Ken well means It works for Ken...good on you.
  • Hi met up with the sick lame and lazy group rode with them for 5 miles then had to go nice to see you all out helping Geoff
    Regards carbon Ken
  • I think Geoff meets all 3 criteria
    I am sure the young turks will beat us all soon
    Remember CCA when you are famous

I feel Carbon Ken will be amoungst us all soon
    Get ready for the blog !
    might even beat the Belgium record entries

PS did all the work in the aerobic group
    closed a 400 yard gap after telling the peleton to follow my wheel
    looked around no one there
    so took the sprint instead
    Its a lot of work being a club domestic !

James
  • hi just a quickie to blow my own whistle. Done 17 miles on my lonesome a couple of nites ago at 20.3 average. Yay!

Just to go back to geoff's comment about club carbon ken, We like to refer to ourselves as an elite few not a couple of mates and also I fear we will not be able to attract many new members as the membership fee I paid was marrying his eldest daughter and as he only has one left this kind of means we're a bit stuck!! : )

Can I come to a TT one nite??

Stu
  • Hi Chris....that does rather limit the size of the club doesn't it.....you could open membership to other such filial arrangements..might work.....you have to be affiliated through our or your own club Chris for TT's....do come along and try for a time