Welcome to the forum

Alastair wins!

edited October 2018 in Road Racing
On the weekend, Alastair won the Abingdon crit over in Oxfordshire for CC Ashwell. Apparently it was a bunch sprint, and Alastair got his position and timing just right.

It's mixture of Club joy and sadness as Alastair has, inevitably, been approached by a racing team (Verulam's) and has decided to take the great opportunity there. His talent and success on the bike was not going unnoticed.

A win (and 10 BC points) is a great way to sign-off for the club. We wish Alastair all the best and am sure we'll see plenty more good results come in. Al will make CCA a 2nd claim Club and is sure to stay close.

Cheers!

Comments

• On the plus side, the CCA Hill Climb will mean there'll be a new Men's Club Champ on 18th Nov. I'd better start drilling holes in my bike frame and chain ring.
  • Cheers Martin!
    It was with a lot of pride that I wore the CCA blue on Saturday, knowing that next season I won't be.
    I'll be trying to scrape a few more points before the season is out representing Ashwell, so keep an eye for any further results!
    Thanks to everyone I've got to know at the club over the last few years. My racing commitments will be elsewhere next season, but I'll definitely be staying close.
    Alastair
  • well done Alastair...great result....

trust you will still be joining us occasionally on the saturday 8 am's....
  • Great news Alastair! Glad you started pinning some numbers on over here. You’re going to enjoy the road racing scene I think, and I have no doubts you’ll do exceedingly well on it too! Congrats on the win!
  • Awesome ! well done Alastair!! :D

I am still trying to get my head round your fantastic Étape result if I'm honest! (2019 route announced just now btw!)
  • Brilliant news Al, great result! No surprise to me having spent the last couple of years trying unsuccessfully to cling on to your wheel.
  • edited October 2018
    C'est fantastique.

Sprint - never knew you had that in the locker ;-)
  • Haha, I fancy myself as Robbie McEwan now!

Cheers fellas!
    Yep, will be seeing you on an 8am again for sure.