Welcome to the forum

Eastern League Round 8 - Grafham Water October 28

Good racing at Grafham on Sunday. I have to say I felt I was doing rather well as I was not only ahead of Stuart but one place behind Mark. I allowed myself a smile as I saw Stuart was suffering a mechanical and made the mental note I wouldn’t have to hold him off again; however karma bit my hubris hard on the last lap as I crashed quite comprehensively coming off the second beach and deflated my front tyre in the process. I had to run all the corners and was only riding slowly on the straights. Stuart was very magnanimous as he passed me. My agony was made worse by the pits being miles away; still it was worth trying my best to get to the finish line by ‘running’ as I still got some useful points.

A course which does, in fact, suit me being not massively technical. There was no mud, however the ground conditions were tricky in places due to the fissures in the turf like giant snakes trying to grab your tyres. The beaches were challenging and at least in my case hazardous.

Thanks again to Mark who had us practicing corning last Wednesday at CX training – this really helped me.

Off to a new course next weekend at West Stow – let’s hope it is a good one.

V40
13 Iain Foulkes
20 Ben Reidy
22 Dave Hadsley

Women
7 Jackie Field
20 Anna Fraser
27 Emma Pell

V50
20 Vincent Friedlander
27 Tim Duckett
29 Mark Wyer
32 Stuart Field
37 Daniel Doncaster
55 Richard Lawrence

Youth
13 Tom Ayers (12th U 16)
19 Archie Foulkes (15th U16)
29 Alistair Oppen (5th U14)
36 Alfie Duckett (21st U16)

U 12
5 Louis Oppen
13 Ella Friedlander (3rd U12 girl)

U10
6 Conan Anderson (4th U10)
9 Logan Ayers (2nd U8)

I hope I’ve got everyone who raced in the results with the correct result. Please advise any omissions or corrections!

Comments