Welcome to the forum

Bank Hol Monday 8.30am: 72 mile Grafham ride

edited May 2010 in General
Looking at the weather...

Monday, 8.30am kick-off from the cemetery. Ideal route for the Grafham Water ride. Maybe the longer 72 mile 'Cardington' version. Stopping off at cafe before the warp drive tailwind push back.

I'll be there - steady middle pace. Tuesday's chain gang the next day!

Comments

• Ditto that !

Wetsuit is off, turbo on!
  • Sounds good, will spend today praying to Ra!
  • 09.30 aerobic run as well
    incase you missed it posted
    head north , 40 ish miles

James
  • Yes. Will be there at 8.30 after a couple of laps of the pit in my new wetsuit.
  • nice one.

The route for the 8.30 cemetery ride;

http://tiny.cc/grafham73

options to shorter or go longer.
  • think the title "cemetry ride" has the wrong nuance Martin
  • great ride!! thanks martin!
  • Ride stats then... 4 coffees, 1 juice, 1 fruit cake and a flapjack. Oh - those stats: 75 miles [bit longer than planned: was on autopilot to Sundon Hill and missed a turn], a fag paper under 18mph av. Skelders, Robbie, Phil K and Alex went faster at the end - so a bit higher for them. Me, Phil A and Pete held it back to medio. Phil A recovering after some intense riding beforehand and to come.

The headwind was tough. It does give the Grafham ride a challege though as it's otherwise quite level.

Good riding on the front by Alex, Robbie and Phil K. 2 muntjac and a hailstorm. Job done!

Good luck to Pete and the lads on next week's 100m HHH ride.
  • I clocked 17.8, having TT'd back onto Robbie & Co's wheel's, Phil turned off, then R & A promptly dropped me, so had a solo ride back to base.... loved the ride.... well apart from that wee breeze!!
  • Finished with 81 miles on the clock at avg of 18.1 - Great ride chaps – thanks to martin for management and logistics
  • Hey chaps... we need to get as good as Alex then we'll be all laughing!
  • I agree, however, I struggle to get 100 miles a week in let alone 300!!!!