Welcome to the forum

New Cycling Destination

My neighbours own a property in Almeria. I am happy to organise a group trip to this part of Spain if other club members are interested.
I have been approached by Velo Hols a UK based company. Some detail on them and the cycling is copied below.
I will be going out in April next year for some training and will stay till the gran fondo in May. If anyone wants to come out and recce this with me I can accommodate one or two in my friends property. No charge this visit just the cost of your return flight to almeria or alicante.
Read the blurb and let me know if interested. They have an arrangement with a 4 star hotel in Almeria which hosts cyclist training. There is also a bike hire facility which should save on transport.
If there are enough I will organise. If you prefer to target 2020 instead I'll simply do the recce next year and post a proposal for 2020.

We are Velo Hols. We are UK based and operate guided ride packages in Almeria which is a province of Andalucia on the Mediterranean in Southern Spain.

If you don't know us you will probably not have heard of Almeria as we are pretty much the only outfit in the UK who offer this destination. If you want to enjoy brilliant cycling in undiscovered country have a look at this video from our guest Ollie Bridgewood (Global Cycling Network) and our website to get an idea of what the area is like.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/VeloHols/videos/187020122217648/

After hosting outfits such as Le Col who used Almeria for their location shoots, Cycling Weekly who came and fell in love with the place as you can see from Ollie's video and groups from cycling clubs in our area (Hampshire & London) who have had great times we are contacting clubs and cycle shops further afield to see if there are any keen cyclists who would be interested in joining in our Velo Hols adventures.

We have known Almeria for years as we have a place there and there's hardly a road in this big beautiful rural province we haven't ridden. It's such great cycling country that a couple of years ago we set up Velo Hols and we are finding that people rate it as much as we do. Our business so far has come through personal contacts and word of mouth but there's obviously a limit to how many we can reach like this which is why we're sending this message round to make contact with more people like us.

From fairly early on we found that although we can provide packages with ride leaders a lot of people like to organise their own groups as it's sometimes more fun to travel with friends than strangers.

So we are asking if you would circulate this around your members to see if you or anyone in your club or shop is interested in forming and leading a Velo Hols group.

Comments

• just bringing this back up to see if anyone is interested. I've had contact with Velo hols and they are keen and well organised to provide a great training camp environment. If interested but 2019 doesn't work for you let me know. I'm going out there in April anyway . If interested drop your names below or mil me at geoff@ccashwell.com
    cheers Geoff.