Welcome to the forum

Amis Velo Supacross results

edited November 2018 in Cyclocross/Offroad
A poor turn out in the V40 for CCA as Iain is injured and Dave has a sick note so it was down to Ben and I to do the club proud. For the first time this season the V40 was fully booked with 80 riders. The course involved 2 wooded sections, a few short steep climbs with the remainder being a slog through a grass field, unfortunately no hurdles or run ups but I still enjoyed the course. I was very strong on the grass, I expect due to a summer of grass track but I wasn't so good in the woods and despite doing my best not to brake I couldn't shake off anyone around me. We ended up racing for 53mins instead of the normal 40 and in a comedy moment I managed to collect a tree on the final lap when trying to pass a lapped rider. Despite this I had enough of a gap to the rider behind me so didn't lose a place and was going slow enough that it didn't hurt, my helmet taking the most impact.

Full results below:

V40
20th Ben Reidy
35th Dan Hall

Women

10th Jackie Field
26th Stevie Wyer
27th Emma Pell

V50
27th Tim Duckett
30th Mark Wyer
34th Pete Daniels
40th Stuart Field
44th Daniel Doncaster
48th Richard Lawrence

Don't forget club champs on the 9th Dec in Hillingdon. Open to anyone thinking of giving CX a go, MTB are good enough to get you started if you don't have a CX bike or treat yourself to Will's Crux which is up for sale.