Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang Virgin

edited May 2010 in Chain gangs
OUCH!!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    well done chris, vic, iain, mark c and vince. Two laps, 18 miles at 21.6mph av. That's enough thank you after a day at work, fo' sho!

Going forward: maybe a middle group required - or the faster group pulls it back just 1mph should do it.

Banter in the pub after, good as ever. All members very welcome.

See you all next tues?
  • chers mate!

intended to go with middle- if there had been one!

will do next week. if not will try ang hang on a bit longer- and make the pub!
  • Great ride all.

The ride was excellent and we got into a groove pretty quickly. Chris and Vic you were doing fine but pace was a bit high I guess. In a larger group you could have sat in on the back.

Next week if there is'nt someone to guide a medium group I will be happy to step in, though am keen to continue with the fast group. Do not be discouraged.

I think the remaining four did well, though we had to use Ian a little as he was the strongest on the day. We need to keep tight on the corners and ensure no gaps appear in the chain. I think we should keep the pace similar for the next couple of weeks and get the third loop in. 21+ is quite respectable. We will up to 23 average later in the season for sure eyh?

We must have been passed by no more than 5 cars in the hour which was good.

The route is good and the two little undulations (climbs) break up the rhythm and remind us all that we need to be able to ride up at pace and not just on the flat. I thought pot holes were not an issue for a small group. Looking forward to riding in a groupetto of 8 shortly.

Please all try to get there for 7.15pm so groups can go as soon as possible but we will ensure enough are there to leave at 7.30pm.

We need more riders.

Vincent
  • cheers vince

am determined to man up and get there.
  • I'm hoping to make it next Tuesday as well and if there isn't enough for an intermediate group, I'll join the fast group for as long as I can hold on. Hopefully, I'll manage a few more miles than last time and am not at all worried if I drop off the back; I know all the roads on the route from club runs and won't be lost or too far from Ashwell to cycle back at my own pace.

I don't think eating a full meal with the family a couple of hours before the ride helped me much either, next week I'll go for eating afterwards!

Cheers
    Vic