Welcome to the forum

Pop-up Chaingang, WEDNESDAY 24 April 7.30pm Steeple Morden church

Hi all

I'm going for 2 laps of our chaingang loop this Wednesday 24th. Leaving from Steeple Morden church/Waggon & Horses pub at 7.30pm.

All inclusive pace. Let's see what we can do together.

Never done it before? No problem: perfect time to give it a go.

18 miles in total. The light is OK to the end, but bring lights and bring your non-dark sunglasses.

Weather forecast is OK.

The loop:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

thanks

Comments

• Just to underline: the pace this evening is all inclusive. If you are feeling the burn, then stick to the back of the chain and/or we will slow down to keep together. No one is getting dropped. If there’s only a few of us, then we will do a TTT instead and stick together that way.

Looking forward to the first one of the summer.
  • Cheers for that! Even found a puddle to ride through on the way home, those mudguards came into good use.
  • 6 out last night for the first chaingang week. Me, Will, MC, Matt S, Vince, Jess. Pretty smooth and good fun in the nice weather.

Some potholes have been filled in on the loop since last summer. Most are still there though. I'd say the most evil ones are the hard to see ones just before you get into Bassingbourn.

Plenty of light for 2 laps. After next week, I'd say 3 laps will be quite doable.

Lap 1: 22.1mph. Lap 2: 21.8mph.

I hope to make as many chaingang Tuesdays as possible. Departing 7.30pm Ashwell, or at the start of the loop, Steeple Morden church/pub approx 7.35pm. I hope we can encourage more to turn up. A great scenario would be to have two groups: one going at about last night's speed, that would pick up those maybe getting dropped from a slightly faster group up ahead.
  • Thanks all. A much better experience than 2 years ago for me. Will aim for these every Tuesday also.
  • I'm interested in joining these along with grass track and the club 10 (not sure I can do 3 days on the trot!).

As I'll be coming from work is there anywhere to dump my rucksack or shall I just not bring it?

Also is it worth having a sticky thread for the chain gang?
  • I’m up for some group 2 action.
  • Hi Alistair - I hope to see you on Tuesday's chaingang. If you're stuck: I live in Guilden Morden, 1 mile form the chaingang start. You are welcome to stash your bag at my house. I set off from my house around 7.20pm and go straight to Steeple/start point.

All - I hope to see you on Tuesday and see if we can keep it all together again. Or divide into 2 groups if numbers allow.