Welcome to the forum

Little Lumpy Sportive - Sunday 19th May 2019 - Italy trip training ride

I've been looking at a sportive that can replicate our first day in Italy and came across the following . Although the numbers haven't been finalized for each day, this should be as near as damn it to day 1 !

If anyone's interested in doing this, i can take 3 passengers & bikes in my car.

100 miles (161km) with 8434ft (2570m) of climbing, eleven climbs and five feed stops.

Follows the Challenge route to South Harting, up the North Face of Harting Down, to Chalton (feed stop first time) before climbing Holt Down, Butser Hill, Stoner Hill, Teglease Down (feed stop), Wheely Down, Wether Down, Butser Hill (again, but up the steep side this time), before returning towards Haslemere via Chalton (feed stop if required), South Harting (feed stop), Lurgashall (feed stop) and Blackdown, the highest point between the Downs, before finishing with a last hurrah at Woolmer Hill.

Date: 19th May 2019
Start Time: From 8.00am to 9.30am with discretion allowed for those arriving by train.
Location: Woolmer Hill Sports Association Club House GU27 1QA
Entry Fee: £30 to 31st December, £35 from January 1st - April 30th, £40 May 1st - 19th.
On the day booking will result in a £10 surcharge across all routes.

http://littlelumpy.co.uk/epic.html

Comments

• Did this sportive yesterday, and the legs took a bit of a hammering with all the climbs.
    Great scenery to ride through on the South Downs,and fortunate enough to avoid
    some of the downpours they had in the area. Well signposted route although the previous evening some of the markers had been pulled down, but put back in place
    by the time the event started. On the whole good roads and very little traffic, with all drivers on the day being very courteous. Most of the day was spent riding solo,but with almost no wind to hinder me it wasn't too bad. Rolled in with 104 miles, 8500 ft
    in 6h 22mins & 23rd out of 225 riders.

If you fancy a hilly day out just 1h 30 mins down the road from us i would highly recommend this for 2020.