Welcome to the forum

1st May Evening Club 10 Results

edited May 2019 in Time Trial
A good turn out of 15 for the first TT of the new season - with an even better number of helpers; so many so that we had a marshall at each corner. Thanks to all for helping out.

Your correspondent spent the evening observing at "Footdown corner" where the relative silence was disturbed only by the squeel of Matt S's new brake and wheel combo :-) All "footdowns" were exemplary, thank you!

On a cooling and overcast evening, with a headwind breeze on the back straight, there were some impressive times none the less, as follows (all CCA unless indicated otherwise):

1. M. Young 22.57
2. W. Smith 23.27
3. S. Lewis (JF) (On Form/CCA 2nd claim, PTT) 24.02 (PB)
4. J. Field (F) 24.10
5. G. Askew 24.11 (PB)
6. S. Miles 24.45
7. M. Scales 25.17
8. T. Allen 25.59
9. J. Andrews (F) 26.07
10. S. Douglas (Meridian Tri, PTT) 26.17
11. S. Orriss 27.57 (PB)
12. J. Bard (no club, PTT) 28.13
13. D. Marriage 28.51
14. T. Ayers (J) 29.00
15. G. Wood (F) (Royston CC, PTT) 32.03

A particularly impressive time for Ms. Lewis, I think you'll agree. And yes, you are not seeing things, that is THE W. Smith. Good effort - welcome back to racing!

Handicap etc. to follow

Comments

• Ha, well we’ll see how long the “comeback” lasts! It was great to see everybody and some new faces too. Always a great atmosphere at the club 10.

Thanks to all the marshals, exceptional timekeepers (especially the loud and clear countdown) and Stuart for pushing off. I’m working next Wednesday, will hopefully be about for the following week!
  • Thanks to everyone who organised and helped out, it's much appreciated.
  • edited May 2019
    I neglected to congratulate the winners on the night, so let me fix this oversight here. Mr. Young continued his impressive run of 22 minute rides from last season. Ms. Lewis was leading lady and Ms. Field was first Vet (off Standard) on the night. Well done all!

With apologies for the delay in calculating the Handicap this week, I've updated the results above to include the two Personal Bests on the night, showing good early season form. Congratulations to both, Mr. Askew (7s PB) and particularly Mr. Orriss, who SMASHED his PB by maoosive 1 minute 59s!! Well done indeed.

The Mens', Womens', Juniors' and Veterans' leading times will appear as the season progresses, with a minimum of 4 times needed to become eligible for these competitions.

FYI, the Committee is developing the CCA website (with thanks to @MC) so going forward the results will be posted separately by linking to the results page on the website, with a bit of blah here too!
  • I think my time was a PB too... technically as I’ve not ridden the course with the foot down rule in (the last time I rode it was 31st Aug, 2016...). Pretty sure that the time difference between now and then wasn’t anything to do with putting my foot down. Erm...
  • Let me take a look, Will. I’ll edit as necessary. 🙂
  • Sophie knocked 2 minutes 15 seconds off her PB from last year as well (but riding a TT bike for the first time). Fast times all round on a very unassuming evening.
  • I think Will that your handicap times now get calculated from this time as you did not ride last year?

Did I read somewhere you wanted some pictures?
  • Ah yes. Checking the start sheets, I see that Sophie competed twice, with a best time of 26.20 on 20th June 2018, so bested that by 2.18 last week. Impressive time as I mentioned above. I'm happy to correct the result above indicating a PB. Good luck at the Lincoln GP, Sophie! Come back and chain gang again too: all were very impressed!
  • Yes Stuart... email me some good snaps of CCA time trials if you have some! rr@ccashwell.com