Welcome to the forum

Saturday 04th May 9.30am club ride - Winter-Spring again !

edited May 2019 in Club runs
Forget all this global warming nonsense, it's going to be freezing tomorrow !!

Horrible northerly wind, so lets head in that direction & hopefully get blown back. Couple of options:

A modified version of the round Cambridge route. I've removed Barrington hill, so this makes the elevation for the whole thing 729ft :)

Ashwell-Bassingborn-Shepreth-Fowlmere-Newton-Harston-Hasslingfield-Barton-Cotton-Madingly-Dry Drayton-Toft-Bourn-Croyden Hill (down)-Shingay-Ashwell (52 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16323373

or a variation of the fast 'n' flat Yelling route, with the extra little loop around the Paxtons/Graveley

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/21558278

Ashwell-Wrestlingworth-Tetworth Hill-Croxton-Gt Paxton-Offord D'Arcy-Graveley-Gransden-Hatley-Shingey-Ashwell (48 miles)

See you in the morning, don't forget your over-shoes, buffs, gloves........

Comments

• Yep, looks like we're paying the price for the Easter weekend - normal Bank Holiday weather service resumed.
    Don't mind either route but was only thinking the other week that we hadn't been to Madingley in a while so would probably vote for that one. Anyone fancy some hill reps while everyone else goes the long way round?!
  • Hill reps ! That's the sort of madness I normally suggest. Can always do Barrington hill if you really want to, all leads to the same place.....
  • Sorry, I'm away so will miss out this week. Have fun 🙂
  • Can't make it tomorrow but Chapel Hill (aka Barrington Hill) is apparently closed for gas works. Not sure if they are lettings cyclists through.
  • That will put the hill reps out the question then.
  • Good turnout on Sat for a pretty brutal ride. Got to close to being the coldest May Day ever and we were pretty much all in full on winter kit !

Opted for the spin round Cambridge, so it was a cold, headwind grind out to Dry Drayton before a bit of a tailwind return back to Ashwell. Almost made it back before the black storm clouds enclosed us and kindly doused us in freezing hail !! Not so sure about this global warming thing now......

So 52 miles @ 17. Thanks to all who did epic turns on the front in the headwind. Can we please have some warm weather soon !!