Welcome to the forum

8th May - 2nd CCA 10 mile TT - Weather Report and Handicap points refresher

edited May 2019 in Time Trial
The weather isn't looking too great tomorrow, with a stiff South Easterly breeze and likely "one spot" rain and sunny spells. I'll check the course before but if AOK, the TT will be going ahead - we've raced in much worse conditions in August 2017 than we're expecting tomorrow! But I recommend a rear light in case its a bit gloomy.

And if you're tempted to give it a miss and have an eye on the season long Handicap, DON'T. Here's why:
1. It's now FREE to CCA first claim members!
2. Remember, you score more points the closer you get to - or better - your PB, but importantly - RELATIVE TO YOUR FELLOW COMPETITORS ON THE NIGHT. The Handicap winner on the night scores 21, 16 for second, then 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and every competitor who doesn't rank higher than 10th on the night receives 1 Handicap point for competing. On nights with smaller fields YOU CAN WIN BIG POINTS!
3. And Bert. B. - "The Guvnor" and reigning Handicap Comp Champ has promised to turn up tomorrow. So why not you too?
4. Just think of we poor helpers and organisers who will be standing around in the rain waiting for you to go past having set up!
Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!
Mrs. Doyle gif

Comments

• ill be there, its only water and air.
  • I'm planning on being there, looks dry enough.
  • Cant make it this week but loving the Mrs Doyle gif!
  • Ha! A quick story on that. I was fumbling around this morning trying to get a Mrs. Doyle pic up - thanks to Martin for ultimately showing me how to do it - and I "published" a pic on Imgur, as I thought that was part of the way to do it (it's nearly right). But I swear, within a minute of me publishing the pic, someone out there had responded to me with "Ah go on!" :-)))) The power of social media!
  • After the painful hail storm I rode in on the e2/10 Saturday, it'll be like cruising along highway 128....
  • And you still did a PB! Going well Matt 🙂
  • Worst of the weather seems to have gone through ( for now ). Looking to the west the sky is brightening. Planning on being over with Thomas