Welcome to the forum

15th May Evening Club 10 TT - UPDATE - No Roadworks; Request for additional helpers

edited May 2019 in Time Trial
Hi All,
I just wanted to give everyone an early heads-up of *possible* disruption to the TT this week. The Cambridge County Council website is showing installation of traffic lights at the intersection of New Road/Flecks Lane and Fen Road (the road to Shingay) starting 13th May where a new BT cabinet is being installed. See the link here. I'll investigate on Monday 13th and report back asap on any possible postponement/cancellation.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Hi Folks,
    I drove out to the site of the roadworks this lunchtime and spoke to the workmen who are digging a trench from the few houses in Shingay (so not on the TT route) along the side of the road to the T junction with the TT route and around the corner a short distance (maybe 50m on the verge but along the TT route) to a green BT cabinet. They said that there would be NO traffic lights and they expect to wrap up the trench digging, cable laying and back-filling by the end of tomorrow (Tuesday 14th May). If we see anything at all along the TT route, it would likely be some red plastic "fencing" along the verge, but on the opposite side of the road (the right) to the direction of travel along the TT route.

Weather looks good (18 degrees and sunny) with a gentle Easterly breeze, so blowing you back along the B1042. This is a recipe for some fast times, y'awl. Hope to see you out!

BUT, we are a little thin on the ground for helpers, tomorrow (just two signed up so far) so if you're able please sign up using the Doodle poll link in the Announcement at the top of the Forum - we could do with at least one more please!
  • edited May 2019
    Hi Andy, I've put myself down to help out. It will give me a feel for the event and maybe a chance to ride the course at some point!
  • Thanks Alistair, Good idea! 6.30 at the Guilden Morden Village Hall for helpers please. If you can get there for 6.00 pm I’ll drive you round the course as we put up signs 😊
  • Hi all,
    I already had my name down to help this week so I'll be there.

I'll also be bringing with me a homemade choc Guinness cake to say a big thank you to all those who have so far supported me/contributed to my London to Paris fundraising for Save the Children.

For those that haven't but wish to do so you can find full details here:
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/emma-koppe

Cash donations (however small) will also be gratefully received on the evening from all inc. non club members - who can say no to a piece of yummy cake :-)

See you Weds

Emma
  • Excellent news all round - no roadworks, favourable wind direction and Emma's legendary Guinness cake to motivate us to PBs!
  • I'll help - anything for Guinness cake!
  • I can help if needed, I would be riding over not driving
    Please ring me - won't be checking forum - zero seven 595300074
  • Thanks Nat, but we're OK for helpers now. Come and ride! :-)