Welcome to the forum

Saturday 18th May 9.30am club ride

Not a lot of wind to trouble us tomorrow, so we could go in any direction. How about we do East......

Couple of options - slightly longer one to Debden for a possible stop at the Barns (58 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/20554450

Ashwell-slip end-Buntingford-Wydial-Gt Hornmead-Feneux Pellham-Manuden-Rickling Green-Henham-Debden-Newport-Wenden Ambo-Chishill-Reed-Therfield-Ashwell

or some sort of wander around the Pelhams (51 miles)

Ashwell-Bungtingford-Hare St-Little Hornmead-Furneux and Stocking Pelham-Berden-Rickling-Newport-S Walden-Littlebury-Gt Chishill-Barley-Therfield-Ashwell

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16601853

We can decide in the morning on our favorite option. See you then !

Comments

• Hi, I got to get back early tomorrow, anyone fancy a medio ride on the 58mile route, if so Taff and I will be at the Tuns to leave at 9am. Might see you there.
  • Not around for the next couple of weeks - family duties.
  • 3 of us out this morning at 9am on the 58 Mile route. Raining in Biggleswade so geared up for wet weather. No rain at all during the the ride from Ashwell which was typical.
    Nice route planned by Dave, some fast roads and nice quiet windy parts.
    All was going well then...Pilch got a puncher with a huge piece of flint that looked like a sharks tooth. Bit of patching on his tubeless tyre as the hole struggled to seal. Shortly after in Manuden, I pick up a puncher with a similar size bit of flint. Then Pilch's repair didnt last, so bit more repair work was required.
    After warming the legs backup, we picked the pace up. All energy was spent getting back to Ashwell. Quite tough in the end with a high pace. Hot sausage roll from Days Of Ashwell was a nice reward. Back to Biggleswade...rain.

So 58 Miles with a decent average of 18.6mph
  • Ten of us out yesterday for the std club ride. Bit of a grim morning, almost completely wind free but lots of ominous looking black clouds so decided to go with the second option & do wander around the Pelhams. Cracking route choice & some nice traffic free roads that we don’t go down very often. Mind you, I had not a clue where I was for about 50% of the ride !!

Luckily unlike the medio we had no mechanicals and skillfully avoided all of the beefy showers that were floating around :) A bit of sunshine would have made it perfect !

So 51 @ 16 and big thanks to Sophie and Tim for all their work on the front. More of the same next week !