Welcome to the forum

Chaingang - Tues 21 May 2019, 7.30pm

The weather forecast for Tuesday's chaingang, and Wednesday's TT, looks most triumphant. I hope to see you for both.

--

CC Ashwell chaingang...

7.30pm - Depart Ashwell, Three Tuns at easy pace.
7.35pm - Meet up with those waiting at Steeple Morden pub/church and begin the chaingang loop.

Each lap is 9 miles.

If there are enough for two groups, send the faster group off first, so dropouts can latch on to the group behind.

Feeling the burn? Before you blow up, sit out your place in the chain and simply hang on at the back saying 'Last!' so the gang knows to miss you out. Enjoy the free speed from the group draft effect and rejoin the chain with clear communication once/if you have your breath back.

Aim for smoothness: the fast line is only fractionally faster (1mph) than the resting line, don't spring out of corners, don't overlap wheels, be super alert at all times and call out every hazard and manoeuvre.

Everyone welcome: CCA members or not.

The lap:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

Why chaingang?
- Brilliant way to develop your cycling fitness.
- Great way to hone your group riding skills and confidence.
- Perfect introduction to road racing and development of your road racing skills.
- Great way to keep your legs tuned after Monday's grass track session, and to prime them for the next day's Club 10TT ;-)
- A nice way to meet riders you might not ordinarily ride with.

Comments

• Relaxing my legs tonight
  • Vince, for someone relaxing their legs, you spent a lot of time in heart rate zone 4 on Zwift......
  • edited May 2019
    11 out on a warm evening, with an ever decreasing NNW? breeze. There were several new faces and the return of Steve J. The chaingangs are seeing good numbers this year.

Pretty smooth going throughout.

The potholes before Bassingbourn are really quite bad. A lot of that road is broken.

Half the group called it a day after 2 laps. It was quite an effort for lap 3. Nat won the sprint, having spent some time hanging away from the chain and then sprinting back on for some interval training. Impressive!

Lap 1: 24.3mph
    Lap 2: 24.4mph
    Lap 3: 24.3mph

I'm looking to race at Lee Valley next Wednesday (E1234 Masters 40+) if anyone fancies it? I'll be back on the chainy the week after. Cheers!

Vince: yes, you're totes rumbled. We see you were zwifting indoors on one of the nicest evenings of the year...