Welcome to the forum

22nd May Evening Club 10 TT - Report & Results

edited May 2019 in Time Trial
In near perfect conditions, this evening's race - the fourth in our series - featured a hat-full of personal bests from the bumper 18 rider start list. And we had a record turnout of helpers too, for good measure. Take a bow Mr. Orriss, Mr. Bard, Mrs. Lewis, Mr. Ayers (Sr), Mr. Askew and Mr. Potter.

More on Mr. Askew and Mr. Orriss' contributions in a moment. But first, to the nights' results, which were as follows (all CCA unless otherwise mentioned):
1. M. Young 21:55 PB
2. W. Smith 22:47 PB
3. M. Lawless 23:05 PB
4. S. Bradley (Team Trident (PTT)) 23:52
5. N. Rosa (Active Edge (PTT)) 24:07
6. A. McLeish 24:34 PB
7. S. Miles 24:55
8. T. Allen 25:11
9. S. Douglas (Meridian Tri (PTT)) 25:24
10. M. Constable 25:25
11. D. Marriage 25:27 PB
12. R. Bumstead 25:36
13. E. Koppe (F) 26:26
14. D. Jones 27:31
15. T. Ayers (J) 27:49
16. T. Lunnon (Meridian Tri (PTT)) 27:57
17. C. Duguid (F) (Meridian Tri (PTT)) 28:32
18. D. Doncaster 28:34 PB (Cyclocross bike)
Quickest lady was Ms. Koppe, fresh from her winning triumph in her first triathlon at the weekend. Young Master Ayers, who is showing admirable consistency across his four races this season, was best Junior.

But fastest overall on the night was Mr. Young with a fantastic 21, only a few seconds shy of the "footdown" course record held by Mr. Potter, who was helping out at the Toll Bar turn. After the frustration of his mechanical during the warm-up for last week's TT, things obviously went more smoothly for "The Man in Black" this week. Mr. Smith showed a marked improvement over his week one time, not all of which can be put down to his new aero helmet, he tells me :-) The top three was rounded out by Mr. Lawless, confirming this season's good form against the watch evidenced by a top 10 placing in the TT at the Tour of Malta earlier in the year. Mr. Lawless carried off the bragging rights amongst the Vets (off Standard) too!

Handicap winner on the evening was Mr. McLeish, who exchanged his Winter steed of last week for a road bike this and spanked his old mark by 2 minutes 32. Mr. McLeish also featured in a competition-within-a-competition of roadbike riders without clip-on bars, won on the night by our good friend Mr. Rosa, but with MC taking a deserved podium place, starting for the first time in a few years. Other lines include yet another PB for our Handicap leader, Mr. Marriage, and a decent PB for Mr. Doncaster riding a gnarly-tyred crossbike.

So back to Mr. Askew and Mr. Orriss, who in helping out this evening improved on their Handicap scores without turning a pedal in anger. Remember folks: you can help out up to twice and receive an average seasons Handicap points score for the week(s) of your assistance.

Handicap standings after 4 races:
1. D. Marriage 58
2. G. Askew 56
3. S. Orriss 44
There was a lovely buzz about this evening as contestants and helpers alike met in the warm evening air to exchange experiences and banter about the race. FREE to CCA members to enter this season, why not come down and experience it all for yourself?!

Comments

• A very nice evening for a TT.

Had a visit from our very own super randonneur JMac fresh back from his 600K PBP qualifier. That is not a mis type.

Should be able to see some of the pics I took at https://twitter.com/StuartField10/media

which is a bit simpler than trying to upload pics here. If any one want a better quality version PM me.
  • Thanks for doing that Stuart.
    Some great shots of some folk who seemed to know where the camera was - top marks Mr. Rosa!
    And is it me, or does Mr. Bumstead go past three times so you can get his best side?! ;-)
  • Actually took about 70 shots but they were the best. tried to include 1 of everybody. Robert obviously very photogenic :-)
  • Stuart, If you could forward the 2 with Thomas in that would be appreciated. Can use these as evidence for his GCSE PE. robert@lotsaspots.co.uk
  • oh yes been there :-) He should use the result sheet as well
  • Thanks all for marshalling like true heroes, keeping time like Kronos himself and pushing off with at least a 500 watt effort. What a lovely evening it was!
  • Great pictures and can I have a copy, I have a reason why my times are so slow.
    I go three times .???
    rob
  • Hi Rob PM me you email
  • Yes great pics Stuart, have PM'd you for a copy as well please!