Welcome to the forum

Chaingang, Tues 28 May 2019, 7.30pm

Chaingang TONIGHT, Tuesday 28 May... There'll be 3 laps on offer in dry and slightly fresher conditions than last week. Have a good ride.

--

CC Ashwell chaingang...

7.30pm - Depart Ashwell, Three Tuns at easy pace.
7.35pm - Meet up with those waiting at Steeple Morden pub/church and begin the chaingang loop.

Each lap is 9 miles.

If there are enough for two groups, send the faster group off first, so dropouts can latch on to the group behind.

Feeling the burn? Before you blow up, sit out your place in the chain and simply hang on at the back saying 'Last!' so the gang knows to miss you out. Enjoy the free speed from the group draft effect and rejoin the chain with clear communication once/if you have your breath back.

Aim for smoothness: the fast line is only fractionally faster (1mph) than the resting line, don't spring out of corners, don't overlap wheels, be super alert at all times and call out every hazard and manoeuvre.

Everyone welcome: CCA members or not.

The lap:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

Why chaingang?
- Brilliant way to develop your cycling fitness.
- Great way to hone your group riding skills and confidence.
- Perfect introduction to road racing and development of your road racing skills.
- Great way to keep your legs tuned after Monday's grass track session, and to prime them for the next day's Club 10TT ;-)
- A nice way to meet riders you might not ordinarily ride with.

Comments

• Well we did it ! Maybe because of the weather or half term but only 4 turned up ..new guy Chris?,JD,Sam and myself...for 1 lap then just myself and Sam for the other 2..the youngest and the oldest!...started raining so took it easy on corners etc...speeds were just...22mph,21.9 and 21.4..
  • Well done chaps. At one point that rain was really coming down hard. Hardcore!

The forecast for next week looks much better. I hope to see you then. I'm sure turnout will be back up to double figures again.
  • Thanks all and welcome to Chris from Baldock who hope enjoyed it.

Was hoping to hang off the back of a bigger group and not expecting or prepared for proper hard work!