Welcome to the forum

Off Road Club Ride Sunday 2nd June. Beginner/intermediate

edited May 2019 in Club runs
There will be a club off road ride this Sunday 2nd June. Any off road bike welcome, wouldn't recommend a BMX though, or a Grifter lol.
Meet at the 3 Tuns 09:00hrs for a few hours riding and hopefully be back at the 3 Tuns before 12. Course wise, im not too sure yet but will post up here once i have put one together.
Everyone and anyone welcome! Steady pace, nothing fast and everyone will keep together.

Comments

• I have planned a couple of routes to choose from, both of which are 55km long. One goes out towards Cromer with Great Munden being the furthest point then turn around and back via Walken and Weston. There are some trails i havent been on before to make the route join up, so would be an adventure.
    The second is onto the Greenway to Fairfields then through Ickleford onto the Icknield Way with the furthest point being Great Offley then back via Hitchin, onto the Greenway to Baldock then on to Ashwell.

I would estimate 3hrs for both routes, all being well, and would highly recommend either 2 water bottles on your bike or a hydration pack as it is meant to be warm, and some food.
  • I do have a 43km alternative which takes on the Ashwell CX route and then up Ashwell St and back via Bassingbourne.

See who turns up Sunday morning and can decide then.
  • Sounds good, see you Sunday.
  • 5 out this morning for a great route designed by Ben. Some fun descents and great views.

Phil Adams was out on his bike but declined to join us as he was on his way home and on road tyres. Good to see him riding again,