Welcome to the forum

Tuesday 11th May Ride

edited May 2010 in Chain gangs
Geoff is doing his group ride from 7pm.
Due to the difficulty of the Londoners getting back I will be there from 7.15 and we will leave spot on 7.30pm. 7pm is a better time to leave but i appreciate it is hard for some to make it. Hopefully a little lighter this week but still please bring some illumination. Would like to get three laps in this time.

Please keep coming as the more we get the better the riding. An experienced person to go with the middle group would be very handy. I think middle group should be averaging 19mph initially.

Faster group managed 21mph last week. I think we should aim to keep at that pace and increase the duration to 30 miles and improve technique before stepping it up with the weather.

A word of warning I will not be able to make Tuesday week but we can discuss this tomorrow.

Regards,

Vincent

Comments

• I aim to make it tonight and appreciate the 7.30 call.... for the londoners I'll be on the 18.23.
  • Cheers Vince. See you there 7.30pm.

It wasn't that dark at all last week at 8.30pm. Though I had and will still use my proper light. And if we do a third lap - that's another 25 mins.

Weather looks kind again.
  • Nice one fellas. Me, Alex, Vince, Robbie, Mark C and Peter G out at 7.30pm. Two laps in pleasant if a bit cold conditions. 22.5mph av on the nose. Back at 8.30pm, rolling with the 7pm posse: Geoff giving us advice!
  • only advice offered was to yell out loud when going to pass...don't want to be sucked into the slipstream again as the blue train shoots past...not without warning at least....serious point tho' guys...with the youngsters we have on board at times a good warning would be appreciated so's we can all stay tight as you pass...good night and lots of fun....new club rider brad. was out and he will make a nasty soon I'm sure...for now Brad. Mark B. and Tom are able to form the core of a mid. chain gang and will do so next week....this frees me up to concentrate on starters and youth.......it seems to be working well
  • Geoff, point taken and we will holla a greeting prior to passing you guys. We were in a single line but hadn't appreciated we were surprising you or too close so noted with thanks.
    Mark no doubt also appreciated your advise after having an ear full from us all on the way round. We all need to listen to advise. As the season progresses we will hopefully be able to ease of the verbal and concentrate on the other gas.
    Great riding all. Peter you are improving rapidly. Do not be discouraged. I was trailing at the end of the second lap.
    I am keen that we build up to a third lap and then fourth so we may need to ease off on the first lap speed and build up to three in the coming weeks.
    The course remains good and while we say we wait for nobody if someone is slipping off that we feel could hang in on in a slip stream, particularly after the drag into steeple we should ease back a little as happened yesterday.
    Not out next Tuesday but think you have enough numbers.
    Vic /Chris, a middle group will be out next week we feel so do come along.
    Glad to see real enthusiasm for close quarters paced riding. Cannot wait for a full summer chaingang.
    Regards,
    Vincent
  • Thanks for the kind words Vince. I'm not in the same league as you guys but it's a pleasure to ride with the big boys (for a little while anyway)
  • just a thought...instead of dropping off, if feeling the pace just sit tight on the back..take a free ride for a bit while the rest circulate.It does take some extra effort and energy to keep the rhythm until it comes as second nature, so often easier to keep a steady pace at the back drafting while recovering.....