Welcome to the forum

Saturday 1st June 9.30am club ride

If the forecast is to be believed it's going to be glorious tomorrow :)

How about we head out west for the full fat Stewartby loop

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/727420041

Ashwell-Haynes-Maulden-Ampthill-Stewartby-Old Warden-Broom-langford-Ashwell (50miles)

Might even be an ice cream van in the Stewartby layby !!

See you in the morning

Comments

• Not out tomorrow, saving my legs for the Tour of Cambridgeshire on Sunday. Have a good one, does look like it's going to be a nice weekend.
  • Ice cream? I'm in.
  • Great ride but no ice cream. Not sure I can ever trust David again.
  • edited June 2019
    12 of us out this morning for the spin to Stewartby. Forecast wasn’t fibbing either, even at 9.30 it was pretty hot !

Tasty pace all the way out to Houghton, before a wizz down the awesome Ampthill descent and a sprint along the Milbrook road. Did see an ice cream van in Stewartby but it was going the wrong way. Sorry Richard :(

Quick stop at the top of Maggot hill & had to do an impromptu photo shoot as we all looked resplendent in our 20th anniversary jerseys. Also time fo Ryan to test out the Grenade Re-load bar, which turns out to be some sort of nuclear fuel.

So a very quick return back to Ashwell with Ryan powering us along. Maybe we should all have one of those bars next week !!

Finally tally was bang on 50 @ 17 and a bit. All finished off with some excellent refreshments in the Tuns beer garden. Cheers all for a top morning :)

• Top morning! Yep worth trying those bars!!