Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 8th June 2019...

edited June 2019 in Club runs
weather forecast for saturday is showing damp and windy with 40mph gusts....anybody fancy some off-road action.....cx bikes and/or mtbs.....40 to 50 miles....

Comments

• You read my mind, was going to suggest an off road ride having looked at the forecast. The Spoke and Wheel in Roxton would make a good cafe stop or the Cafe at Shuttleworth.

Steve and me rode this route a few weeks ago, which could probably be extended to start and finish in Ashwell?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/22845093
  • looks good to me....if we start from ashwell we can go out via northfields and up through dunton lodge/millow hall farms up to dunton roundabout then down the sutton road and left to sunderland hall and pick up the track to the back of sutton.....and on the way back after biggy take the track off dunton road that brings you out nearly opposite the downhill rutty byway/green lane that comes out on northfields....

the spoke n wheel sounds good...

• Bit of a wet and muddy one today. Just three out.

A few reminders today.

Nettle stings really hurt.
    It never fails to surprise me how much mud and grass you can bring home attached to your bike.

When someone says they will send you a message in the morning don’t forget to check your phone. Sorry Steve
  • edited June 2019
    …..cheers martin enjoyed that....was feeling it a bit by the end....hence the second "fail"....41 miles at 13.2 avg and 2275 ft climbing.....

....my reminder....derailleurs don't like sticks....
  • edited June 2019
    No worries Martin.

My reminders:

Those tyres are lethal when it’s wet and muddy.
    Nettle stings don’t go away after 2 days - legs still burning nicely.
    Waterproof shoes are great for the 1st 30 mins then start holding water nicely so your feet get a soaking.

All good fun.