Welcome to the forum

12th June Evening Club 10 TT - Report

edited June 2019 in Time Trial
Hi Folks,
The dreek weather should be shifting off a little tomorrow, though the forecast is still bit showery. But as a reminder, when the weather is poor and there are few starters, those competing win BIG in the Handicap stakes - there were just six out two weeks ago, and they hoovered up the 21, 16, 13, 10, 8 and 6 scoring points available. So you could score well just for turning up!
Thanks to David H and David J for volunteering. Stuart F can't make it tomorrow, so I'd be grateful for a couple more please. Mr. Ayers, you available please?

Comments

• Andy, I would be delighted to help. When do I need to be at Guilden? Daniel
  • I’m away in Scotland but am hoping Thomas rides over to be a helper.
  • Thanks Both, Daniel: 6.30 p.m. at the VH would be spiffing! Thanks @rayers, if Thomas could help that would help me - I promise I won't send him to "Ayers Corner" though...:-)
  • Apologies for late update but Thomas can’t make it tonight
  • edited June 2019
    Trying to post a photo...
  • edited June 2019
    still trying...
  • edited June 2019
    photo DSC_0846_zpszx1nxh0z.jpg
  • Thank you to all the helpers tonight. Very much appreciated!
  • Nice weather for ducks (see Mr. Doncaster's pic above)! No matter how you try to sell it, when the number of helpers plus organiser equals the number competing, there is little enthusiasm for riding: just four out tonight.

But the evening was not without note. "No PBs then?", I hear you snort. Not true. Take a bow, Mr. Chitu, who lopped 7 seconds of his previous best and walked off with the Handicap win tonight.

Fastest time and second in the Handicap on the night was an impressive Mr. Askew, who carded his second fastest time on our course, despite all our entrants having to negotiate the odd bit of standing water and taking the corners gingerly. Mr. Askew storms into the lead of the Handicap competition too, chased hard by Mr. Orriss who placed third in that competition on the night. So the Handicap standings now look like this:
    1 G. Askew 89
    2 S. Orriss 78
    3 D. Marriage 73
    Mr. Bumstead put in another consistent performance and was second fastest on the night, and fastest Vet off standard.

So, the full standings for tonight's race were (all CCA):
    1 G. Askew 24:07
    2 R. Bumstead 25:36
    3 T. Chitu 26:30
    4 S. Orriss 28:31
    There were no Ladies or Juniors out, just the cream of CCA manliness, I think you'll agree? Well, where were you then? :-)

Immense thanks to our helpers for their good cheer this evening who were Mr. Doncaster, Mr. Hadsley and Dr. Jones. Fingers crossed for better weather next week!