Welcome to the forum

Sophie Lewis on top form again

Sophie Lewis was a fantastic 5th in the Women's CiCLE Classic on Sunday. This is the Womens version of the race based at Melton Mowbray that includes unmade road sectors. The event was a round of the Womens (Senior) National Series so to come 5th as a Junior is a brilliant result. Hopefully all the Cyclo-Cross training and racing over the years helped out.

If you get a chance Sophie post up a few sentences report, I would love to hear how the race was for you.

Mark.

Comments

• the race was on eurosport. Watched it unfold. Sophie managed to stay out of the trouble with crashes and positioned herself well in the 5 who finished clear of the rest. From what I saw she was as strong as the other riders and finishing fast.They knocked about 30k off the route as they had to stop the race to allow injured riders to be moved to hospital.
  • Thank you for your kind words, I am really pleased with my result. It was such a fun race with the off road bits. I knew that you had to be near the front and stay there as it would split up once we reached the off road sectors which it did. We didn’t get to do as many sectors as was planned after we all stood on the road for an hour and a half after a crash straight after the neutralised section. This meant that the race was full gas all the way as it was shorter. The Wednesday evening cross sessions definitely came in handy, but was just missing some hurdles. Now looking forward to the European track championships next month for GB.