Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 15th June 2019...

Looks like the monsoon season should be over by Saturday, so anyone fancy heading over to Tring for a lumpy one?

Comments

• yep - i'll be there. I got a message from MartinH who was suggesting the same thing...i'll leave it with you and/or Martin to route plan/navigate...

• Okay, i think Martins got a few routes over that way, as Strappy was enquiring about them for his wet week off work !

See you Saturday.
  • Here be a suggested route for Saturday, should hopefully be a tailwind home.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/25142801
  • ...i'm hoping this is a "two stop" ride....
  • yep i will be there , all my plans went down the pan only been out once this week
    got drowned & and frozen so never bothered again.
  • Route looks good to me Martin, maybe a Pizza stop enroute Phil....
  • ....my sports nutritionist (me) only prescribes pizza as a pre-ride fuel....
  • Oh yes I forgot, your more of a Chicken Jalfrezi mid ride kind of guy.
  • We could do a second stop at Emily’s on the way back if needed.
  • Looks nice and lumpy. I'm in.
    Pizza, at 7 in the morning!
  • ill join you up to Whitwell then will turn home
  • lads
    as its a long ride i will meet you at the baldock lights , let me know rough time you will be there.
    thx
    strappy
  • just seen the route i will wait end of bygrave rd.
  • Probably do same as Strappy and see you around 8.15. I seem to be another club member with a dodgy back at the moment, so will see how it is in the morning.
  • 0815 at end of Bygrave Road sounds good. See you all in the morning.
  • Great ride guys. Thanks. I had to cycle the extra time around litlington one way system to make the ton!
  • cheers martin....tough wiggley route! 7 out, 91 miles Ashwell to Ashwell, my garmin shows 6790ft climbing and avg speed 16.6...thanks for the wheels to follow
  • ditto cheers mart great ride , sorry to all for keeping you waiting at top of every climb.
    lot of work for to do before the big trip . my back is very sore but i will pop out tomorrow for a recovery ride.finished on 96 just couldn't do the 100 starting to get wobbly lol.
    c u all later
    strappy
  • A magnificent 7 ride to the Chilterns today, finding a few new roads, some of which too avoid next time. Tackled the Beacon, Toms Hill, Aston Hill and Bison with lots of lumps in between. I think we were lucky with the weather. Will look for another cafe as the Cog can’t cope with groups.

My stats were 172km, 27.4km/h ave, 1974m of climbing.
  • Thanks for navigating today Martin. Great route and always more challenging than the north of Ashwell routes. It seems to have sorted my dodgy back out as well !